Author Topic: Kentucky member  (Read 3594 times)

leebee

Kentucky member
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
Hello!

Just checking in.  I read the thread on Facebook about moving to Facebook. 

Not sure how much is said on this board because this appears to be national.  I am with a local group who uses Facebook, Meetup and has a website.  It can be a bit tedious to look over everything.  I don't know who in our group has that much time to take care of the postings... 

We have noticed that our membership has dropped off in the past few years.  Seems to be economy related, there are more people coming in occasionally. 

One V4 board I am on has dropped a lot of traffic (users?), mostly drifted into guns, politics and book club...  The other V4 board has picked up quite a few new members over the last 5 years.  Probably approximates what you say is happening here. 

Hang in there. 

How much is the membership and where do I pay? 

Lee B

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: Kentucky member
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 07:23:30 PM »
Welcome, Lee.

As state director for Kentucky, I will try best to answer your questions.

First off, I do maintain a FB page for Kentucky members.  It can be found by going to....

motorcycle sport touring association---Kentucky page.

Any lunch meet ups or other "events" going on can be found there, and/or the national FB page.  I also try to keep this forum up to date with any info pertaining to Kentucky.

As far as official membership with the MSTA....if you go to the website www.ridemsta.com and follow the links there you can join online.  The cost is 39.00 per year.  There are a host of benefits, including the STARreview magazine, that are avalible to all official members.  Using them will easily pay for your yearly dues.  If you prefer to handle it through regular mail, I would be happy to send you a paper application to be filled out and mailed in.  If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will either answer them myself or get someone that can.

Patrick Mogavero
Kyzrex@aol.com
859-620-6352
not all that wander are lost

leebee

Re: Kentucky member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:16:44 AM »
Hello Patrick -

I appreciate the response. 

I am already following your page on Facebook.  Very informative.

Maybe I just belong to too many forums??

I will use the link and sign up.

We have met at the Red State lunch stop. 

You and I are also on the Local Riders forum. 

I have 2 rides in this year, too many irons in the fire...

Thank you - Lee B