Author Topic: Tulsa Area Members?  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Denny D

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT SE
Tulsa Area Members?
« on: June 16, 2016, 02:47:23 PM »
Howdy all.  I’m Denny and recently moved to the area.  I joined this organization because I want to ride and meet some like-minded people.  However I’ve not seen much if any activity of others who want who get out and ride and do stuff.  Well, I wanna do fun stuff! 

Tulsa has some fun places to eat and drink.  There are some fun roads close by.  Some even greater and way more fun roads just an hour or so away.  So damn, let’s pop that kick stand and get this thing rolling!

Being relatively new to this area, I’m not sure who the audience is and who knows, I may be talking in a dark elevator. So let’s start at the top.

Do we have any members in the Tulsa area interested in getting out and having some fun?

Assuming we do, what would you be interested in doing?  Off the top of my head, I’d like to:
Get a group to meet for breakfast, do a day ride
One night during the week, meet for a burger or pizza
Maybe hook up for coffee at a fun mom n pop coffee shop
Do RTE’s, I’ve heard Meers has a good burger
Host a tech day

Anybody wanna get out and have a giggle or two?  Sound off, let’s saddle up and head out!

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Re: Tulsa Area Members?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »
Howdy all.  I’m Denny and recently moved to the area.  I joined this organization because I want to ride and meet some like-minded people.  However I’ve not seen much if any activity of others who want who get out and ride and do stuff.  Well, I wanna do fun stuff! 

Tulsa has some fun places to eat and drink.  There are some fun roads close by.  Some even greater and way more fun roads just an hour or so away.  So damn, let’s pop that kick stand and get this thing rolling!

Being relatively new to this area, I’m not sure who the audience is and who knows, I may be talking in a dark elevator. So let’s start at the top.

Do we have any members in the Tulsa area interested in getting out and having some fun?

Assuming we do, what would you be interested in doing?  Off the top of my head, I’d like to:
Get a group to meet for breakfast, do a day ride
One night during the week, meet for a burger or pizza
Maybe hook up for coffee at a fun mom n pop coffee shop
Do RTE’s, I’ve heard Meers has a good burger
Host a tech day

Anybody wanna get out and have a giggle or two?  Sound off, let’s saddle up and head out!
As noted by member Norm Kern on Facebook, some of the most fun you can have is found at the Just For Fun (JFF), regional, and national (STAR) events. That's where you really get some exposure to the club members from all over. We have concentrated pockets of folks around the country, but there are some areas where members are few and far between. We have members in the Oklahoma area, but I suspect they're a little spread out. We've probably got more people in Arkansas, our national event was in Springdale last year, and we have a repeat event in Arkansas every May (I suspect Arkansas is the fun area "an hour away"). We also have a regional event in Missouri the second weekend of September. Put Bull Shoals on your calendar.

I detoured down by Meers for a burger on my way to the west coast a few years ago. Their buffalo burger was fine! Meers, such as it is, is butted up almost directly against a wildlife management area where there are herds of buffalo running relatively free. The restaurant doesn't get their buffalo from there, but it's a nice connection. If you can go on a week day, do it. On weekends the place is jammed. And I mean JAMMED. Tour buses, cars from every state around, and so forth. It's a popular place considering it's in the middle of nowhere.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:44:22 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:18:18 PM »
Denny,
Welcome and while I don't live in Ok it's great to hear your enthusiasm! All it takes is one like you to get things going!
I'm sure Denise will be replying soon. She is an Okie too!

Let's Ride!
Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline fz1grl

• MSTA Member
    • Oklahoma MSTA
  • Lifetime Mileage: 290,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha FZ1
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:48 PM »
Hi Denny,
Welcome to the club.  We do like to ride.  I'm in Oklahoma City but we have several members in the Tulsa area and a few more just over into Arkansas.  Gayla O'Brian sends out emails from time to time with all types of up coming rides.  I'll copy the last version I had here.
We have both Just For Fun which are free for members and non members and then sanctioned events which you must be a MSTA member and there is a small fee.  Stratton, VT is our national rally, BS rally in Theodosia and Texas Hill Country in Kerrville, TX are the 3 on this list that you have to be a member for.
We always have a good turnout for BS and the JFF in Clarksville has a small but good group.

I also try to get to Arkansas as often as I can find someone to hang out with on the weekends.  I'm always up for riding and would be willing to meet for lunch some Saturday or Sunday.

Here is the 2016 calendar so far:
Dates         `           City State    Description
6/19/16 6/20/16    Hallett OK Hallett - Motorcycle Lapping day
June TBA                Crane MO   BMW -MO State Rally - Crane, MO
6/26/16 6/26/16    Netherlands  MotoGP - Assen -TT Circuit Assen
6/26/16 6/30/16    Stratton VT MSTA STAR 2016 - 
July TBA                  Lexington OH AMA Vintage Days
7/17/16 7/17/16    Germany  MotoGP - Germany
7/23/16 7/24/16    Hallett OK Hallett - Motorcycle Lapping day
7/24/16 7/30/16    Silverton CO Eldon Rix Dual Sport Ride - MSTA Dual Sport Adv Rides
8/14/16 8/14/16    Austria  MotoGP - Spielberg, Austria-Motorrad Grand Prix von Osterreich
8/20/16 8/21/16    Hallett OK Hallett - Motorcycle Lapping day
8/21/16 8/21/16    Czech Republic  MotoGP - Czech Republic - Brno
9/4/16 9/4/16        UK  MotoGP - Silverstone
9/9/16 9/11/16      Theodosia MO MSTA Ozarks BS (Bull Shoals) Rally
9/11/16 9/11/16    Italy  MotoGP - San Marino-Misano 
9/11/16 9/12/16    Hallett OK Hallett - Motorcycle Lapping day
September TBA       Fayetteville AR Bikes, Blues and Bar-B-Que
9/25/16 9/25/16    Spain  MotoGP - -Aragon
October TBA           Clarksville AR MSTA ByWay Boogie-Best Western Sherwood, Clarksville AR
October TBA           Harrison AR Harrison rally - TBA
10/8/16 10/12/16  Birmingham AL Barber Vintage Festival   barbervintagefestival.or
10/9/16 10/9/16    Oregoina OH Devils Staircase Hill Climb
10/16/16 10/16/16 Japan  MotoGP - Twin Ring Motegi-Japan
October TBA            Potossi MO BMW Potossi Rally
10/26/16 10/31/16 Kerrville TX MSTA - TX Hill Country Rally
10/30/16 10/30/16 Malaysia  MotoGP - Sepang - Malaysia
11/12/16 11/13/16 Hallett OK Hallett - Motorcycle Lapping day
11/13/16 11/13/16 Spain  MotoGP - Valencia - Spain

Please keep in mind that some of these events require club memberships, but all are open to new members.
Denise Dickenson - 01 FZ1(blue)
http://www.fz1grl.net
http://www.okmsta.com/fz1grl
234567 and still going...
Oklahoma MSTA http://www.okmsta.com

Offline olracer

• Forum Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 678,423
  • Primary Motorcycle: HONDA
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 04:06:27 PM »
Yes I agree, we have good roads in east Oklahoma that we could ride and have a MSTA get together weekend around Tahlequah. They have hotels we could stay at on the weekend. We go to Arkansas a lot, so riding in OKLAHOMA would be nice.  And again This is a member in Northeaster OKLAHOMA who would like to ride in OKLAHOMA with good rides but with little input from MSTA Members.   There are other motorcycle group in Tulsa that do get together on Monday night and Friday night to do what he is saying but not MSTA. So you might look on Facebook.   

Offline tunerider335

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2021 BMW r1250 GS
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:14:01 PM »
Welcome Denny...  I hope to get some of my fellow Illinois chapter riders out and about!  I'm up for a ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott
2021 BMW r1250 gs
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure