Author Topic: MSTA Web site and forum  (Read 6022 times)

VersysRider

MSTA Web site and forum
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:27:07 AM »
People wonder why I bitch about people voicing their opinions about the website/ forum.

I get this type of crap on a DAILY basis:

Re: MSTA STAReview Issue 3404 Available for Download!

This sure sucks compared to the Magazine.

Keep your opinion to yourself as others may prefer the web version.

It wears on a person  after awhile and I'm sick of it. Other volunteers get the same kind of crap as well. I asked the EC to find a new forum admin several months ago, still no replacement. I also have not renewed my membership due to a handful of assholes that seem to think they are the center of the club and every aspect of it's operation should be designed around them. In this case, the print version of STAReview is still made available for those who prefer it. Why is there a need to voice a negative opinion on the electronic version?

Oh well, I'm done with the entire web thing for the MSTA. Someone else needs to step up. Contact vicepresident@ridemsta.com or president@ridemsta.com if you want to volunteer. You will be getting it all, forum, website, server, godaddy account, everything, with no help from me.

As of August 1st, 2015, the forum and website will go offline if a replacement is not found before then. It will stay offline until  a new administrator either brings it back or replaces it. This is a last resort attempt to force the issue of getting my replacement.

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: '10 Kawasaki Concours 14
Re: MSTA Web site and forum
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 12:29:08 PM »
Sorry to hear this Jon.

I also have not renewed my membership due to a handful of assholes that seem to think they are the center of the club and every aspect of  it's operation should be designed around them.

I attended my first Star in Springdale and I didn't meet any of those people (asshats) (unless of course they were all being on their best behavior?).
I can only guess that those folks (the asshats) must just all stay home and bitch? Yep it takes no training to bitch, it's a skill we are all born with (most of us were bitching just after we drew that first breath ). I think that a comedian first said that. Might have been what's his name. Any large group has a few, even this one. Sorry it's wearing on you Jon, I wish I had the skill set needed to step up. (referring to the forum, not bitching) One of the things that's good about forums is the ability to bitch and get it out of your system. It's much better than kicking the dog. Admit it Jon, you did feel a little better inside right after you posted that, right?

Personally I like the electronic version very much. I haven't found Issue 3404 yet, but rather than bitch about it, I'll just keep looking. I've noticed over the years that when I continue to search for something I'll usually find it. (oops, found it..already downloaded it and it was sitting in my documents folder under the MSTA section.) Note to self: 'bout time you got a tablet so you can read that excellent electronic publication when sittin' on the throne.

Thanks for all your past efforts Jon. Personally I like the forum and it's layout. I just wish there was more participation. I'll be sorry to see it's demise. Looks to be only 820 or so forum members, 352 or so seem to be dues payers, and only 310 or so have 5 posts or more.....so I guess folks don't value the forum much here. I know I like having a central location for info and contact. Even though I just renewed my membership, I'll probably drift off without the forum. I know I'm not going to be checking in with 6 or more different Facebook, local pages, and Yahoo groups. I'd rather just go elsewhere than do all that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 12:47:25 PM by fartymarty »
MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
Sorry to see you go Jon. I know it's been hell on you the last 2-3 years or so. Unfortunately, it is so much easier for people to complain and bitch than offer constructive criticism - or God forbid a solution to the perceived problem. I hope you don't give up on MSTA totally.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

VersysRider

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »
I can't say I have given up on the club...just the volunteer aspect of it. Right now I need a break from the complaints. Quite frankly, when I signed up to support the web presence, I had much more time. Now, seems all I do is respond to asinine complaints from a few that must have a lot of time on their hands. I'll most likely take a break from the club for a bit the reassess my desire to re-join in on the fun. As I said before, for the most part the MSTA and it's people are great. It doesn't take many curmudgeons to temporarily distort the true substance of the whole. I know there are a few others who feel the same way, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Michael Snyder

• MSTA Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 10:26:02 AM »
Jay you know my feelings,  suprised it took you this long to reach the final break point

Sent from Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 02:28:49 PM »
Jon/Jay,

Sorry it has come to this, the complainers are a real pain and yes you're not the only volunteer that has or will burn out from the pressure and absurd complaints.

Jim,
That is a great sign, can we get that on the back cover of the STAReview for a few months? Would we need to pay for an ad to replace the one that has been Traxxion Dynamics regularly? I'd chip in for that.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650