Main Forums > Welcome Mat

Another New Guy

(1/5) > >>

Daleah:
Hello everyone.

I found a reference to this group on another forum I frequent, so I decided to check it out.  It looks like you guys have a lot of things going on!

The post that I saw mentioned the STAR rally in La Crosse this summer.  I was checking out that forum and even looked at some of the routes. I think that they are very impressive.  Very cool! 

I ride a 2013 BMW 1200GSW.  I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and maybe even sharing a ride sometime.

I actually have a free website (and I really hope I don't step on anyone's toes here) that offers pre-planned, paved routes (very similar to the routes you have posted).  My routes are all in the Driftless area and several are in the La Crosse region (hitting some of the same POI as the STAR routes).

My website, DriftlessRoadAdventures.com also provides .gpx and .kmz file downloads for all of the routes.  Currently I have 20 routes available covering over 5,000 miles of awesome roads.  I have 13 more routes semi-finished and hope to have them all done in the next few weeks.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to exploring this forum some more.

Dale

RIDEMYST:
Welcome Dale. I think you will find that you have come to the right place. The members here are riders!
What forum did you see the reference to STAR? It may have been my post (I ride a Super Tenere).
Regardless welcome aboard and looking forward to meeting you in La Crosse. -JEP-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daleah:
I actually saw the reference on the Concours Owners Group forum.

I'd say there are some riders here.  I just looked at the mile logger.  There are some pretty incredible (to me) numbers there.

Thanks for having me!

Dale

Patmo:
Welcome Dale.  Assuming you have a Connie...what year?  I had a 1st year (1986) model for many years and sold it on the COG site a few years back.  Great bike!  I’m looking forward to STAR and getting a chance to explore the Driftless area and to meeting people from the area.  We have lots and lots of other events going on besides STAR too.  Our “regional” rallies are some of the best get togethers for motorcycle RIDERS that you will find anywhere.  You should check them out.  I look forward to reading your contributions to the forum.

Pat M

Daleah:
Actually, I ride a bmw 1200GSW.

I was on the Connie site because someone from that site posted a link to my website and i wanted to check it out.  I pop in there about once a day to see if there are any questions for me.

I think I'll be on this site quite a bit more.

thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version