Author Topic: New Information for Big Lynn Event  (Read 11875 times)

Offline dpippin

• MSTA Member
    • SE Region web site
New Information for Big Lynn Event
« on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »
Important Information for the Big Lynn MSTA Event

As you may or may not know Big Lynn event coordinator Dave Brickner is off somewhere in Europe on an extended trip.
He won't be back until a few days before this event so he's asked a couple of people to help.
Contact person for event information is;

Helga Turner
423-943-7222
jhturner2455@charter.net

I can also be contacted for event information
Doug Pippin
828-684-8488
d_pippin_89@bellsouth.net

It's important that you read the new information that is on the event web site

http://msta-se.com/BLynn/

There is a link to the event signup sheet on the web site
If you will be at the event please check the signup sheet for your information
If you're not on the sheet please add your information

If your in an overflow motel there's information on meals available at the Big Lynn
With your reservation there's free dinners Friday and Saturday and breakfasts for a fee

I'll have GPS and pdf routes available early next week and will disseminate them based on the information on the signup sheet

There's also a link to a discount to Road Runner magazine that they've offered as a door prize for the event

Please pass this information along to anyone you know will be attending this rally

MSTA Se Region Web Site
http://msta-se.com/

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: New Information for Big Lynn Event
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 02:39:18 PM »
Yes I'm in Northern Italy tonight!
Once again Doug comes to the rescue!
Helga Turner is also going to help!
Thank You two!
I'll be back...

I must be out riding my Super Teneré'!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline dpippin

• MSTA Member
    • SE Region web site
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
Today I sent out route and other important information for the upcoming Big Lynn Rally in an e-mail
Two e-mail address bounced
Bill Webb and Jeffery Dolence
If this is you you need to contact me or visit the event web site to see the updated information there

web site URL is
http://msta-se.com/BLynn/

If you're reading this post and did not receive an e-mail from me you need to do two things
Update or add your information to the "Big Lynn Signup Sheet". Link is on the event web site and read the latest information there.
If you want routes for the event indicate that on the signup sheet and let me know.
I'll send you the link to the routes.

Doug Pippin

MSTA Se Region Web Site

Offline dpippin

• MSTA Member
    • SE Region web site
Room Opening Up
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 09:05:41 AM »
I received notice today that there will be a room cancellation at the Big Lynn Lodge later today.
So if you are looking for a room you may want to call the Big Lynn Lodge this afternoon

Big Lynn Event web site information

Doug
828-684-8488
MSTA Se Region Web Site

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tenere 700
Re: New Information for Big Lynn Event-CANCELLATION
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »
Heads up!

I just canceled my Friday and Saturday reservation.  I have a foot injury-not from motorcycle riding, and do not expect to be riding this weekend.

Be aware of the Big Lynn Lodge cancellation policy-they refuse to refund my deposit-they are keeping all my deposit; RE: my medical cancellation was less than 10 days notice.

With this policy in place, I do not expect to be attending any more BLL events.
PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
I sent them an email telling them that since there are members who would take this room that if they continue this I would be moving the event next year.
I'm still here in Italy... and will talk with them when I get home.

So sorry this has happened I will be returning your event registration fee.

Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »
Brick, sorry to be a PIA.  Thanks for your efforts.  Have a safe trip back home!  Galen

PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 11:20:18 AM »
I sent them an email telling them that since there are members who would take this room that if they continue this I would be moving the event next year.
I'm still here in Italy... and will talk with them when I get home.

So sorry this has happened I will be returning your event registration fee.

Way to step it up Brick, even from Italy. Gotta agree, that refund policy is pretty outrageous, especially if they are able to rent the room to another person coming to the event. I can only imagine it would be a great hassle to move the event to another location, but if that is the way you are treated, only makes sense. Been following you on your trip - wild stuff. Safe travel back home.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline TN2Wheeler

• Forum Member IV
  • Rider since 1958
    • Jim's Motorcycle Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: ~1M
  • Primary Motorcycle: DR650 Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »
Any interest in a DS/Adventure ride on Saturday?
Jim Randall
Get your motor runnin'
2004 DL650 - Head out on the highway
2015 DR650 - Lookin' for Adventure

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
We are in the area early and called BLL to add extra days. We have been calling them for two days now trying to ADD days and only get an answering machine but no return calls! Very disappointing as they seem like very nice folks when you can reach them. -JEP-

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ohiomsta

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 300,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650LT / 2018 Yamaha Xmax
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 09:48:28 PM »
Brick,
I saw Galen's post yesterday on his canceling his room. I called Big Lynn and asked them if I could have his room. She said yes and I reserved the room for Woovis and me. After I reserved the room I asked her if she would return Galen's deposit since he had a medical problem and I had taken the room. She told me in no uncertain terms that she would absolutely not return his deposit and if I would cancel I would loose my $130 deposit to. I told her he had a medical problem but that made no difference to her. I told her that she wasn't out any money on the deal, but it was still tough shit for him.
You may have a great relationship with them but I found her to be piss poor at customer relations. It's all about the $$$$ with her.
For God's sake don't show her this post or Woovis and I will get kicked out of the place!
Jon
Jon Campbell Sr.
Finally, just a member

Offline TN2Wheeler

• Forum Member IV
  • Rider since 1958
    • Jim's Motorcycle Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: ~1M
  • Primary Motorcycle: DR650 Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 07:42:37 AM »
Plus they don't just hold your card number for a no-show deposit.  They actually charge it and keep the money when (or shortly after) you make the reservation.  Too bad because it's such a great venue and they do treat guests well when you're there.  But it's not the only venue. Maybe we should look elsewhere next year.
Jim Randall
Get your motor runnin'
2004 DL650 - Head out on the highway
2015 DR650 - Lookin' for Adventure

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 07:54:06 AM »
Putting the deposit distraction aside,  Brick ordered perfect weather for some great motorcycle riding this weekend.

Have fun!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/little-switzerland-nc/28752/weekend-weather/2114118
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:56:22 AM by PYG RYDR »
PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450

Offline OldButNotDead

• Forum Member III
  • It AIN'T the destination, it IS the RIDE!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 11:30:31 AM »
Plus they don't just hold your card number for a no-show deposit.  They actually charge it and keep the money when (or shortly after) you make the reservation.  Too bad because it's such a great venue and they do treat guests well when you're there.  But it's not the only venue. Maybe we should look elsewhere next year.
A lot of this depends on your credit card company.  My son was getting married in New Zealand and I had $4000 on my Chase Card for flight and hotel reservation.  Marriage fell through.  Priceline said everything was non-refundable.  Chase said "no it isn't."  They took the money right out of Priceline's account. 
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 01:48:24 PM »
A lot of this depends on your credit card company.  My son was getting married in New Zealand and I had $4000 on my Chase Card for flight and hotel reservation.  Marriage fell through.  Priceline said everything was non-refundable.  Chase said "no it isn't."  They took the money right out of Priceline's account. 
Yep, you can get your credit card company to go to bat for you. Places that have a long cancellation policy are not very friendly for us considering the things that can go wrong on a motorcycle trip (weather, mechanical, crash, etc) and traveling in groups, rooming with others.

The old Snowshow Inn was like that, and while they worked with us a few times while there in person (that year it snowed) they state on the website on and phone if you ask, once booked you're obligated for the first night, no matter when you cancel. I also got burned once like this planning to go to Deal's Gap and staying at the San Ran Motel in Robbinsville. We had been there before and it seemed like a nice place. We had a group of 7 guys, reserved 3 rooms for 2 nights. Storms came into Lexington (STAR 2013) and we cancelled our plan. One guy from Texas continued and used one room for one night. But I was told even if they could rent the room again I would not get a refund.

Tomorrow I leave on a 5 day trip through SW PA (Fallingwater & Flight 93 Mem) and onto the mountains of WV/VA. We were going to stay in Monterey at the Highland Inn, instead of in a big city and chain hotel. Their rate was pretty high (and more than stated on the website) running $125 a night for a room with 2 beds, and that was with a 10% discount since I was staying 2 nights. Their cancellation policy was 72 hours before arrival. So I looked around, found a good room for first night in Staunton (Best Western) then we'll start heading home and stay in Elkins or further west the next night. I just didn't get a good feeling about the Inn, their restaurant isn't open, but there is a place to eat across the street.

Now I generally deal with chains, and pay close attention to cancellation policies (prefer same day, 6PM is still pretty common). I'd love to support the smaller places, but sometimes they just don't work out. (Glenn Ferris Inn is still my favorite small hotel, Allegheny Inn a close second.)

Hope things work out, sucks to think of changing venue when they're otherwise a good location.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650