Author Topic: STAR roommate wanted  (Read 8229 times)

kramerica41

STAR roommate wanted
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:59:11 PM »
Already paid for the room just looking for a roommate.  I'll be there Sunday night through Wednesday night (leave Thursday).   Since room (in the Holiday Inn) is taken care of my only condition is that you pay me directly for half the stay ($50/night).

I'm 25 and do not snore, feel free to email me directly if interested.

kwkramer08@gmail.com

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Re: STAR roommate wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
And push come to shove, I'll bet the HI would be willing to do a credit to you and charge someone else for half of the charge. Naturally, you'd lose some points. But what you'd lose, someone else may gain.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »
Hi KR,
I just so happen to be looking for half a room. I registered late-ish for STAR and the HI was full. If you don't mind rooming with your"Dad" at 58 I'll take the other half of your room. I may snore from time to time , non-smoker, light drinker. I'll be coming from OH on Sat. and leaving Thursday morning.  Long time member of MSTA.   Send a PM if this sounds OK.  Tom McKiernan

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:27:49 AM »
Hi KR,
I just so happen to be looking for half a room. I registered late-ish for STAR and the HI was full. If you don't mind rooming with your"Dad" at 58 I'll take the other half of your room. I may snore from time to time , non-smoker, light drinker. I'll be coming from OH on Sat. and leaving Thursday morning.  Long time member of MSTA.   Send a PM if this sounds OK.  Tom McKiernan
Looking forward to seeing you, "Dad".
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »
Randy Logan, Galen Diehl, a friend of Galen's, and I were headed from eastern Tennessee towards western Arkansas via the the Trans-America-Trail this week. Randy, just after starting to feel his oats and getting a bit frisky this morning, hit a section of finely ground dust. He crashed (he's ok, but I suspect he's going to be really sore tomorrow morning) and will heading back home on Thursday morning from West Helena, AR while I continue on towards Springdale. Galen and his friend Wayne continued westward today (no reason for all of us to sit and watch Randy futz with his tweaked/beat-up bike).

So...I have a room reserved for Friday through Wednesday nights and I'd be really pleased to share that room and expenses with someone. I might occasionally snore a bit, but not much, and I'm a non-smoker. I anticipate hanging at the hotel to help with registration Saturday and Sunday and will be heading out to do some riding on my own to see some historical stuff Monday through Wednesday.

If you think you might be interested in sharing a room and expenses for part or all of those nights, please let me know. If you have a room and are looking for a roommate, let me know and I'll cancel my room. I would like to pay the hotel for 1/2 of the expense to garner some IHG points, but that's pretty much my only request.

You can reply to this thread, send me a PM, or send an email to me at HawkGTRider@aol.com (capitalization only for readability).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:46:31 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene

Offline vfroger

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: >800,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 BMW R1200GSA
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »
Damn!

Roger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roger

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »
Damn, that sucks for Randy!

I must be out riding my Super Teneré'!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:48 PM »

If you think you might be interested in sharing a room and expenses for part or all of those nights, please let me know. If you have a room and are looking for a roommate, let me know and I'll cancel my room. I would like to pay the hotel for 1/2 of the expense to garner some IHG points, but that's pretty much my only request.

You can reply to this thread, send me a PM, or send an email to me at HawkGTRider@aol.com (capitalization only for readability).

I have a room mate. Thanks!
Geoffrey Greene

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 06:50:36 AM »
Sounds like Randy is going to be OK, but this still sucks.  Really sorry to hear about this.  You guys be careful and I'll see you in a few days!
not all that wander are lost