Author Topic: Evening ride worth a stop  (Read 9258 times)

WVRider

Evening ride worth a stop
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:59:06 AM »
The weather was super nice on Tuesday evening the 18th of March so I jumped on the bike to run a few errands and while making my was back to the house I noticed the sky looking awesome so I headed to the nearest hill which happened to have a flag pole there.  When I arrived I just jumped off the bike leaving it in the seldom travelled road and started snapping picks.  I had missed the extremely brilliant sunset however caught several great photos.  Of them all I really liked this one, with my motorcycle included.  Thought I would share some WV beauty.

mtrieger

Re: Evening ride worth a stop
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
I'm attending a family reunion at Pipestem Resort in southern WV in early July.  I'm bringing my ST1300 to sample the roads in the area.  Are you familiar with that part of the state and can you recommend any routes I shouldn't miss?  Thanks.

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Re: Evening ride worth a stop
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
WV16 is a good road, does pass through quite a few small towns though and has some really nice mountain passes near the WV/VA border. Since you're not far from there it would be one to check out. WV20 is very close to that location and also good. The further east you go its more mountainous too.
You might want to check out this site, they do a pretty good job with some good motorcycle roads.
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650