Author Topic: Hello y'all - New member from Greenville, SC  (Read 8443 times)

Offline wheatonFJR

• Forum Member
Hello y'all - New member from Greenville, SC
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »
Howdy...
new/old rider on an 2013 FJR.

I try to keep it to the right of the double yellow...sometimes I don't succeed.

Hopefully that is not a banning offense.

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: Hello y'all - New member from Greenville, SC
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
Welcome!  Glad to have you here.  We have several members in your area, and even more that are FJR fans all around the country.  Hope to meet up with you at one of the events this year.

Pat M.
not all that wander are lost

Offline BentAero

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:06:59 AM »
Hey Wheaton!

Finally decided to flee that cold weather up north? Your commute to the good stuff will be a lot shorter than it used to be.
Welcome!

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:57:55 AM »
Welcome Wheaton,
I'm just up in Morganton, NC. Come on up here and ride with us. We have a local forum for getting rides together. Mostly retired riders as we ride mostly during the week. Check it out www.cofsta.com = Carolina Old Farts Sport Touring Association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline ipnman

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW 2019 R1250RT
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:09 AM »
Welcome to the MSTA
I see you're from Greenville, I'm in Travelers Rest maybe we can meet for lunch in the near future
We are holding a street bike track day at Jennings GP Park Feb 24th, if interested call me

Dennis
561-329-3257
Dennis Villarose
STAR Coordinator
MSTA PR Group

Offline tunerider335

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2021 BMW r1250 GS
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:44:06 AM »
Welcome!!  Glad to see another member growing the organization.

Scott
2021 BMW r1250 gs
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline wheatonFJR

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
Hey Wheaton!

Finally decided to flee that cold weather up north? Your commute to the good stuff will be a lot shorter than it used to be.
Welcome!

Yep, been down here for a couple years and am loving the area...as I expected.  My only regret is this work thing that keeps me from exploring as much as I would like.

Offline wheatonFJR

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »
Welcome Wheaton,
I'm just up in Morganton, NC. Come on up here and ride with us. We have a local forum for getting rides together. Mostly retired riders as we ride mostly during the week. Check it out www.cofsta.com = Carolina Old Farts Sport Touring Association.

I would love to ride with you guys as I'm an old guy, occasionally fart, and love riding western Carolina and north Georgia on my FJR.  However this work thang keeps me from dialing up the fun meter during the week, so I will have to wait until I can join your ranks.

Offline wheatonFJR

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 11:05:37 AM »
Welcome to the MSTA
I see you're from Greenville, I'm in Travelers Rest maybe we can meet for lunch in the near future
We are holding a street bike track day at Jennings GP Park Feb 24th, if interested call me

Dennis
561-329-3257

Thanks for the invite Dennis.  Although my mailing address is Greenville, I'm really up in TR, so we can say we're neighbors.
I've never done a track day and would love to...but I'm not going to take my 13 FJR on the track.  Sometimes I write checks my skills can't cash and don't want to wad up my baby.  I also am not in the position to own a second bike right now...so it's not in the cards right now.

But if you ever want to meet up at STAX or Waffle House and do a short half day ride into the hills, I could do that.  See if we have similar riding styles, etc.

Offline OldButNotDead

• Forum Member III
  • It AIN'T the destination, it IS the RIDE!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »
Hi Marc,
OldButNotDead from FJRiders and FJR Owners.  MSTA has a couple events that are well within range of TR.  One down in Helen, another in Sparta, another in Lil' Switzerland, and not sure if it still around but used to be one in Dillard (could be dead).  One we may run up together on is the Mail Pouch Fly By in Marietta.
Rod
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

Offline wheatonFJR

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »
Hi Marc,
OldButNotDead from FJRiders and FJR Owners.  MSTA has a couple events that are well within range of TR.  One down in Helen, another in Sparta, another in Lil' Switzerland, and not sure if it still around but used to be one in Dillard (could be dead).  One we may run up together on is the Mail Pouch Fly By in Marietta.
Rod

Hi Rod,
Yeah, I'd love to ride and meet some other riders from the area. 

As far as day rides, Saturdays or Sundays work, unless I know enough time in advance and can get a Friday off scheduled.  I am not a bike snob, but I do love my FJR.

I will be heading up to Marietta on Thursday, the first weekend in May for the Ramble...

I might post up a Ride and Eat, ending at my place in Travelers Rest for April...short  3-4 hour ride, then head back for grilled burgers and dogs.

Rod, maybe we can meet up sometime and do a day ride when the salt is off the mountain roads and black ice is not an issue.

Offline OldButNotDead

• Forum Member III
  • It AIN'T the destination, it IS the RIDE!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 04:04:14 PM »
Yeh buddy, get the salt off and get ridin'.  That Thursday to Marietta, I might be heading to Marlinton for a STO'ner spring ride.  Might get to run together for a while.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

Offline ipnman

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW 2019 R1250RT
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »
Welcome to the MSTA

Dennis
561-329-3257

Thanks for the invite Dennis.  Although my mailing address is Greenville, I'm really up in TR, so we can say we're neighbors.
I've never done a track day and would love to...but I'm not going to take my 13 FJR on the track.  Sometimes I write checks my skills can't cash and don't want to wad up my baby.  I also am not in the position to own a second bike right now...so it's not in the cards right now.

But if you ever want to meet up at STAX or Waffle House and do a short half day ride into the hills, I could do that.  See if we have similar riding styles, etc.

The track day is a street technique class, not racing. It just happens to be on the track. We'll all be bring our ST bikes to this class.
Ken Condon(Riding in the Zone) is our facilitator, Class fee is $150 including lunch. I'm recovering from surgery right now, but call me in a few weeks for a ride or for more info on the Track Day

Dennis
Dennis Villarose
STAR Coordinator
MSTA PR Group

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »
Speedy recovery Dennis.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Jeep

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha FJR
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 10:22:43 PM »
Hey Wheaton
Jeep here in Greenville, riding a 2009 FJR.
I am part of the working group for a while yet and usually not able to do weekday rides either.
Give me a shout sometime 864 / 419 - 7340