Author Topic: 2017 River City Ride Pre-Registration Open  (Read 8041 times)

Offline willb

• MSTA Member
2017 River City Ride Pre-Registration Open
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »
Hi all,

Join the Hoosier Squadron for the 28th Anniversary River City Ride, to be held August 4-6 2017, in Corydon, IN!!
Pre-registration is now open.
On-Line Registration: http://www.planetreg.com/RCR-2017
The mailable form is also attached.
Event Details:
Dates:  August 4 to August 6, 2017
Event Headquarters – Same Great Place as 2016!
Holiday Inn Express
249 Federal Drive NW,
Corydon, IN. 47112
Ask for MSTA rate – Please reserve before 7/15!
812-738-1623
Fax - 812-738-4858
E-mail:  corydon.fdhiexpress@gmail.com
Included in your registration fee:
Friday Night Cookout, Saturday night Spaghetti Dinner
Complimentary breakfast included in hotel room rate!
Great Roads, Door Prizes, Photo Trap
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:18:14 PM by willb »

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
Re: 2017 River City Ride Pre-Registration Open
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:18:59 PM »
Hi Will,

Where will the "Saturday Night Banquet" be held?  I'm going regardless and am just curious.

Tosh  :)

Offline willb

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »
Hi Tosh,
It will be the Spaghetti Dinner as has been done in recent years. I changed the description.
I look forward to seeing you,
Will

Offline B52

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 85000
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1300
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »
Every Banquet should have Escargot for starters.
Will bring my special forks just in case.

Jim

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »
I'm heading out tomorrow morning for Corydon and looking forward to seeing everyone. For those on the road, safe travels!

If anyone wants to save a few bucks on a room, I've got a double reserved at the Super 8. Tax and all for 1/2 of two nights will be $77 and some change.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 11:30:44 AM »
I just got home from Corydon, IN (needed to get an early start and get home for a previous commitment) after spending a fine weekend at the River City Ride. We had a route to lunch yesterday that absolutely fit me to a T... lots of little backroads with 2 lanes being about the biggest thing we'd see. Many of the roads were "sort of" two lanes, but with only fog lines on the outside edges and no center line, it felt more like we were on glorified single lane roads. I liked it a lot! :-)

Don Ciccone brought a Motus MST for test rides (the base model if you can call it that) from the Indian/Slingshot/Motus dealership where he works, and I took advantage of that opportunityl. If you want to take a test ride, you can go by the shop any time or come to the Mail Pouch Fly By later this month since he's bringing a Motus to that rally as well.

Don Payne ran a fine event, and he also let me solicit donations to go to the Ride For Kids. And as if a reward for his hard work, one of Don's tickets was drawn in the 50/50.

Thanks to Don and his crew of fine Indiana folks including Cathy, Will, Carl, Jerry, and more. Thay all contributed and their help was invaluable.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »
It was a GREAT weekend!  Lots of thanks to all of the many volunteers that helped to put on such a fine event.  Sorry to say that it was my 1st time there.  Happy to say that it won't be my last!
not all that wander are lost

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »
It was a great event!  Many thanks to Don & Cathy, Will B, Carl and a few others.   :clap:

I got home about noon as did Deb and we only had a few minutes where a tiny bit of rain came down. 

We had 3 long distance visitors: Tom Reid from Colorado, Jim Roberts/Iowa State director, and the third name escapes me but he was from Milwaukee and will help with STAR 2018! 

ps.  Don - I liked the "new" cookout area and my guess is that if you took a survey, it'd come up very positive because of the larger area making it feel more open and it also had a lot more shade.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:48:17 PM by DirtFlier »

Offline ladtodt

• Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 08:47:09 PM »
Don, Cathy, Will, Carl and all

Thanks for a great event this weekend!  All your hard work paid off, and it was So Much Fun!!

I had a grand time meeting new people and  getting to know folks better as you all made everyone feel so welcome.  And thanks for getting the weather to cooperate!

Strong work and great door prizes.  Mostly.   Pink grips??  For me???  You shouldn't have......!!

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »
I stayed 1/4 mile away in a Super 8 to save a few $, but the Holiday Inn Express was a MUCH better venue for the event. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to base the event at the HIE again. With that spacious parking area, roomy breakfast area (for indoor sessions), and as I understand, remodeled rooms, I'd give it a big thumbs up.
Geoffrey Greene

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »
Thanks once again to Don, Cathy, Will, Carl and all the other volunteers who put on such a great event! I had a really fun weekend. The weather was excellent and this year had one of the best routes ever for RCR. I can't wait until next year.
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline normkern

• Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »
Had the most fun in memory at this year's RCR. Great route, tasty and fun lunch stop, nice weather and especially fun social time. Everyone was so friendly and conversation just flowed the whole weekend. Good time!

Norm Kern

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »
As Norm pointed out, the social time was great. The big parking lot, a variety of tables, and cooler weather led to people staying outside to kick tires and tell lies much later into the evening than some of our events.
Geoffrey Greene

Offline Dirtball

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 125,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2012 Honda Gold Wing
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 12:03:16 PM »
Just got home yesterday after a detour to Knoxville.  I wanted to thank everyone I met for making me feel welcome at the River City Ride.  A special thanks to Glen Maxwell for leading me through the morning ride since the GPS on my Wing wouldn't take the download.  It was all I could do to keep up.
The motel was a great venue, even with the construction.  Not sure if we will make it to STAR 2018, but will do our best.  Thanks again for a great event.

Tom Reid

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 09:23:42 PM »
Just got home yesterday after a detour to Knoxville.  I wanted to thank everyone I met for making me feel welcome at the River City Ride.  A special thanks to Glen Maxwell for leading me through the morning ride since the GPS on my Wing wouldn't take the download.  It was all I could do to keep up.
The motel was a great venue, even with the construction.  Not sure if we will make it to STAR 2018, but will do our best.  Thanks again for a great event.

Tom Reid
A detour to Knoxville...and you didn't call me?
Geoffrey Greene