Flea Market > Wanted

Starter bike for my 20 year old daughter

(1/6) > >>

brider:
I'm such a hypocrite.  I hate to say this but my daughter is bugging me to buy her first street bike and I'm not excited about it.  With that said I thought I would ask here first.  Anyone got a good starter bike for sale?

bcd:
How ironic that this would happen when you don't have a bike for sale.  ;D

HawkGTRider:
I just acquired my first truly "new" bike, a 2017 Honda CB300F ABS that I think would be a great newbie bike (only bike I've ever gotten with 0 miles on the odometer). But it's not for sale as I'm going to enjoy riding it, I suspect, for a long time and over a lot of miles. If all of my bikes in the garage were as easy to move around as the CB, I'd be tickled.

Brick:
I have my 1999 Suzuki SV650 that I purchased from Jim and Ginny LaPoint some years ago.
It’s really too nice to be a beginner bike as I think of a beginner bike as being one that’s going to be dropped a few times. I’ve been holding on to this bike because it’s too good to give away for what the book value is but no one probably would give me what I think it’s worth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this bike ... it’s just that I also own an FJ-09 and a Super Tenere and I alway go to them instead of the SV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkGTRider:

--- Quote from: Brick on March 23, 2018, 09:52:56 PM ---I have my 1999 Suzuki SV650 that I purchased from Jim and Ginny LaPoint some years ago.
It’s really too nice to be a beginner bike as I think of a beginner bike as being one that’s going to be dropped a few times. I’ve been holding on to this bike because it’s too good to give away for what the book value is but no one probably would give me what I think it’s worth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this bike ... it’s just that I also own an FJ-09 and a Super Tenere and I alway go to them instead of the SV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
I read an article a while back on picking a first bike, and the primary feature to this writer was the head to right-hand interface. If they are coordinated, a beginner can ride most anything. Being somewhat familiar with the SV, I'd say it's an easy interface to make. An SV can be an entertaining ride for anyone from beginner to experienced rider for a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version