Author Topic: Looking for Georgians  (Read 8193 times)

The Mad Mongoose

Looking for Georgians
« on: April 20, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »
Anybody here from Georgia?  Do we have a state specific page?  Thanks....

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: Looking for Georgians
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:37:29 AM »
I'm not a Georgian but I'll be at our Helen, GA event this weekend. I'm sure you'll find lots of the Georgians there.
Tommy Victor, GA posts a bunch of GA rides.

Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

The Mad Mongoose

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »
Thanks for responding.  I'm headed to Fla. this weekend, but I've spoken with Mr. Victor, and I'm plugged in!   Hope to meet some local folks over the next few months.  I live just south of Helen, 23 miles south of Dahlonega actually.  Ride safe., and again, thanks for your response.....

2uptouring

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:23:52 PM »
Hello from Savannah.

The Mad Mongoose

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 06:14:29 AM »
Hello!  Spent 3 super years in Savannah, 2 on Tybee!  You gotta love it!  Fresh shrimp from Lazaretto's, pigging out at The Crab Shack, oysters from Thunderbolt!  Oh, Man! I'm hungry....

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:02:18 AM »
Hello!  Spent 3 super years in Savannah, 2 on Tybee!  You gotta love it!  Fresh shrimp from Lazaretto's, pigging out at The Crab Shack, oysters from Thunderbolt!  Oh, Man! I'm hungry....

I can't say I've ever lived there, but I've visited Savannah on occasion as well as having Tybee Island as the terminus of my cross-country-in-less-than-50-hours ride a few years ago.
My memory has faded a bit as to the exact restaurants, but I do remember my wife and me enjoying a meal or two on Tybee Island.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

motodog650

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »
I'm about an hour north of the ATL. Wish I could make the NGC this weekend but our (group of friends) annual Spring ride based out of Bryson City was last weekend and domestic slave duties makes two weekends in a row gone not possible.

I'm planning on attending the SE Rendezvous in September (Blairsville, GA) and am looking for someone to split a cabin with. Shoot me a email or PM if interested.

Based on your previously mentioned location we couldn't live to far from one another so send me an email if you want to meet-up for a ride sometime soon.   

philkinsr

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »
I'm located in Cleveland, GA so I can't be to far from you!

I'll be in Helen this weekend, sorry you can't make it. I'm retired so ride most anytime.

philk

The Mad Mongoose

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 09:12:27 AM »
I'm near Gainesville, about 23 miles south of Dahlonega. ABATE meeting tomorrow, also near Dahlonega.

TourMore

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
Not sure if you're still looking for Georgians - I'm from Alpharetta for anyone looking for another MSTA rider in the "area".