Author Topic: NG Mark, Transplanted Texan in Florida  (Read 7437 times)

NG Mark

NG Mark, Transplanted Texan in Florida
« on: October 25, 2014, 12:56:50 PM »
N(ew) G(uy) Mark ... because there were two other Marks in the Florida Long Riders that I hooked up with in 2011 right after I picked up my new to me 2008 R1200GSA. I was gung ho for Saturday rides doing 400-800 miles every Saturday. That was until sciatica hit. Oddly, my then ordered Russell Day Long is the only place I can sit in comfort. So I guess I am going to have to ride. When you're retired what else is there to do? I joined on the referral of Mark Del Pico, a great guy who is a transplanted Texan just moved here to the Sarasota-Bradenton area. He was encouraged to join by Rich Peabody. See how this works once you drink the Kool Aid?
I moved to Bradenton, FL 13 years ago for a career op that wasn't what it was supposed to be. Ended up staying here, got married and widowed in short ordered. So, it's just me and Ralph, a Havanese, who, like me is a tad overweight. We're a good fit.
For now, I enjoy day long rides and meeting new friends (even though you'll have to reintroduce yourself every time we meet.) I look forward to meeting you.

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Re: NG Mark, Transplanted Texan in Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:10:48 PM »
Welcome aboard "Transplanted Mark."
I either met you or the other Mark from Texas today at the FLMSTA lunch ride.
Regardless, welcome to Florida and track our lunch rides and join us. We had a great time today! -JEP-