Author Topic: Ride with Norman Reedus  (Read 9838 times)

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Ride with Norman Reedus
« on: June 14, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »
Ok so I didn't know who he is... But it's kind of interesting. On Dish channel 131 AMC Sunday 10 - 11:00PM.
Great camera shots. Check it out let's hear what you think.

Let's Ride!
Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline TrophyRider

• Forum Member II
  • Lifetime Mileage: 150000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2013 Honda CB50X
Re: Ride with Norman Reedus
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 05:28:38 PM »
He plays the character Daryl Dixon on The Walking Dead. He is also in the movie Boondock Saints. I thought Ride with Norman Reedus was OK. He at least likes bikes other than cruisers. Using one of Roland Sands' bikes for the first episode was cool. Not much for the "biker life" thing at the end, but again, at least it wasn't cruisers. I'll give it another couple of episodes before forming a solid opinion.
Jon W Campbell Jr.
2013 Honda CB500X

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
I had hopes for the show, but after the first episode, they're fading. Like Jon, I'll give it another episode or two before I decide to delete the timer or not.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 08:46:59 PM »
Nice photography, nice variety of bikes. I'll watch a few episodes in hopes that they hit their stride.

Similar to how I feel about the new Top Gear. That one is getting better with each episode so far.
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 12:18:26 AM »
I'm disappointed in the new Top Gear. Matt LeBlanc just leaves me flat (I don't find him amusing), his timing seems awkward, and the other guy doesn't seem much better. I had the latest episode recorded, watched the first few minutes (loved the Ferrari), but turned it off after about 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:21:29 AM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »
I don't care for Evans, LeBlanc is OK, but I really like Sabine Schmitz, Chris Harris and Eddie Jordan. And Rory Reid is growing on me.

==BD

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »
What, a new Top Gear?  Matt LeBlanc?  Is it as corny and fake drama like the last US based one? (Not that Jeremy and his guys didn't do that.)

Hadn't heard of this other show, must be true I am living under a rock ;) Thanks for keeping me informed.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »
This is the new English one. Clarkson finally committed something egregious enough to get fired (punching an underling in the face because his supper was cold). That killed off TG last year. This is a new version with all new hosts. LeBlanc is the token American.
==BD

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM »
This is the new English one. Clarkson finally committed something egregious enough to get fired (punching an underling in the face because his supper was cold). That killed off TG last year. This is a new version with all new hosts. LeBlanc is the token American.
Found it on and set the DVR to record going forward. Didn't realize it was ever expected to come back.
Steve Grabowski

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: '10 Kawasaki Concours 14
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 04:49:32 PM »
Check it out let's hear what you think.

I too had high hopes for the show.....but after all the "Dude"; "I'm so stoked"; "Dude"; "Oh Wow...wow"; "Dude"; "That's awesome dude"; something about a skull ring; "Dude"; "I'm down with that"; "Dude"....well I haven't yet watched the second episode that I've recorded,  they seem to be focusing on the next stop and just blow through the ride with the drawing of a squiggly line on the map. From what I've seen of the first episode I think it should be re-titled "Stops, dude" with Norm dude whatever.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:51:35 PM by fartymarty »
MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 10:48:56 PM »
Check it out let's hear what you think.

I too had high hopes for the show.....but after all the "Dude"; "I'm so stoked"; "Dude"; "Oh Wow...wow"; "Dude"; "That's awesome dude"; something about a skull ring; "Dude"; "I'm down with that"; "Dude"....well I haven't yet watched the second episode that I've recorded,  they seem to be focusing on the next stop and just blow through the ride with the drawing of a squiggly line on the map. From what I've seen of the first episode I think it should be re-titled "Stops, dude" with Norm dude whatever.

Agreed. Instead of being called Ride With Norman Reedus" it's more like Norman Reedus being full of himself with a variety of motorcycles as an excuse.
Geoffrey Greene

Offline HawkGTRider

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 10:54:54 PM »
After getting back home from STAR, I found 3 episodes of Riding with Norman Reedus recorded. I'm trying to give it a fair shot, so I've watched all 3 hours tonight.

I'd like to say it's gotten better, but I don't think it has. My opinion of the show has not improved, and it had plenty of room to go up. It just didn't do it for me.

The episode of he and a friend riding through the southern Appalachians, including Deal's Gap, really tripped my trigger. It was no better, and then it got really bad when he described going east from Fontana Dam to the Dragon Tail. If you've been there, you know you go WEST from Fontana Dam to get to the store at Deal's Gap. They said it backwards and showed it on their map backwards.

In this most recent episode Reedus and a buddy from New York went riding in the Texas hill country. His buddy was a tall and lanky guy riding a H-D Sportster in what looked like black hi-top All-Stars...a real hipster look, but not riding gear. I'm not bad mouthing the Sportster, but it was the wrong bike for the guy...he was too tall for it and almost constantly had his legs hanging out in the breeze at > 45 degree angle from the bike. And he didn't seem to be much of a rider. He needed to go on reserve at one point and coasted over to the side of the road when he "ran out of gas". After putting the tank on reserve, they continued.
Then again, he's not the only person I've seen that happen to in the last few days. Coming down the Blue Ridge Parkway this past Wednesday, I was following a big twin with loud pipes with a car between us. The car and I were being held up by the pokey pace of the big twin. I heard the big twin surge, stutter, and then die. He 'sort of' moved over to the side of the road, the car went by, and I pulled up next to him to make sure he was ok. He was feeling around the tank trying to find the fuel control valve, finally did, and the bike started right up for him. I followed him until he took the next exit to look for gas. His riding reflected the same level of competency as not being able to find the fuel control valve without stopping and feeling around for it.

Getting back to Norman Reedus...
I've been to the three places highlighted in these 3 episodes... Death Valley, the southern Appalachians, and the Texas hill country. I didn't go to any custom bike shops along the way as did Reedus although I did sample some fine eating establishments for BBQ and such. I enjoyed the company of good friends, and they were all way-more-than-competent and enthusiastic riders. I like the folks I ride with, my fellow MSTA members, way better than anything I've seen on this show. I may delete the timer for this show...it's just not doing it for me.
Geoffrey Greene

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 10:27:18 AM »
I just watched the Appalachian one (with BRP, Deals Gap, etc) last night and agree. Sadly more about going to local bike shops and hangouts (to see all the cool people that ride) than anything about the riding, the roads, or much else.

I did like seeing the little 50cc racing at Deal's Gap parking lot, that was really crazy.

I'll watch the other episodes at some point, but don't have much hope.

The new Top Gear is ok, glad somebody mentioned it because I missed them. The 1.5 hour format with the half hour "Top Gear Extra" show after (my DVR records it all as one 2 hour block) was a bit surprising when I watched the first episode. Read up a bit on all the presenters as several were not familiar to me.
Steve Grabowski