Author Topic: CTX is Totaled  (Read 10112 times)

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Re: CTX is Totaled
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
I think we all wish everything to work out to your satisfaction. Good news on find a new CTX that you can equip with some of your existing farkles.
The scooter... Unless it's just like it was when taken, I'd be hesitant to take it back too. There's no way of knowing to what extent of abuse it may have been subjected. But I know you enjoyed it and am almost sorry they found it. It just muddies the water. But maybe it'll be another bar in the door of the thief to keep him locked up.
Can't you just hear it now...
Inmate #1 "What're you in for?
Inmate #2 "Stole a scooter."
Inmate #1 "A what?"
Inmate #2 "You know...a bike that... Oh, never mind."
Inmate #1 "Har Har Har...I'm going to make YOU my best friend."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:27:13 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
That's great Syd, new bike to ride and a winter project. Glad this is working out.

Steve
Steve

Offline touringman

• MSTA Member
  • Syd Mayes
  • Lifetime Mileage: 400,000 ?
  • Primary Motorcycle: Honda CTX 700DCT
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 07:09:03 AM »
That's hilarious Geoffrey!!😂
Touringman

Offline STbob1300

• MSTA Member
    • 2 Wheel Travelers
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 NC700XD
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »
Hey Syd! Sorry to hear about the CTX, but glad to hear it worked out in your favor!
I've been riding a 2016 NC700X DCT since May (had it at Big Lynn). I'm loving it! Plenty of low end torque in Sport 2 & 3. I usually ride in Sport 1 or 2 in town, Sport 3 on the sweepers, switch to manual in the real twisty stuff. Drive mode is reserved for slogs on the highway or open road. Bike handles like a dream. Quick, nimble, grabs a line and sticks it.
It's a bit tall, but not to bad (I'm 5'7"). The downside? The stock seat downright sucks. Easy fix though. It is a big known issue on the NC forum.
To those who think an "automatic" isn't a real bike: everything else being equal, these bikes will outshift (in manual mode) anything comparable on the road! Whatever you choose, good luck!