Author Topic: AIM EXpo  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Buckeye56

• MSTA Member
AIM EXpo
« on: September 17, 2017, 08:03:00 PM »
If you are attending the AIM Expo this weekend stop by booth 1861 and check out Buckeye Current. The students will be more than happy to answer any and all questions that you have about the bikes and the technology that we use to power them.[/font]

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Re: AIM EXpo
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »
No demo rides?
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:29:54 PM »
Just got back from the show after talking with people all day.  Phenomenal amount of people walking around for a day when it's industry people only.  Talked with lots and lots of people, got some excellent leads on new members and people wanting to either advertise in the STAReview or write articles about their products or work with us on events.  I think John Boyd also had some successes with some of the tire, helmet, and bike companies he talked with.

If the amount of traffic we saw today is any indication, this weekend should be big.  Only time will tell.
not all that wander are lost

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »
I know we're getting together for dinner Saturday night, and I plan to be there. However, since I'm already here for the MSF IRETS conference, I'm wondering if anyone wants to get together for dinner on Friday night as well. The afternoon sessions are over around 5:00, so I'd be happy to meet anyone interested before coming back to my motel. I'm actually staying at an interstate motel in Grove City a few miles south of downtown. There are a number of places at this exit (#100), but they're pretty much all chains. I had dinner tonight at Ruby Tuesday's, and while it's fine, I'm open to other options.

Any ideas or suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:57:41 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:49:40 AM »
G...stop by the MSTA booth and we can discuss it

Offline wardie

• MSTA Member
    • 2 Wheel Power Hour
  • Lifetime Mileage: over 200K
  • Primary Motorcycle: 1995 BMW K 1100 RS
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 06:42:43 AM »
After a three hour hunt and fix rear brake light problem I finally got on my way at 6:30pm Thursday to the AIM Expo. Layed over Thursday at Super 8 on Dublin-Granville Road. $56 and the rooms were nice!

Friday arrived at the Kawasaki Breakfast we were invited to and found out the "breakfast " consisted of a donut and a cup of coffee:(
Kawasaki had a nice demo team on hand and Roy and I rode the Z125's (Grom look a likes) on their obstacle Course then rode the Z 600's.

One of our dealers asked us to demo the new BMW 310 R ( Mathias BMW has deposits on 5 310 GS's!). Roy rode that and said it had more power than he thought a 300 would. I rode the R 1200 GSA Adventure.  My impression was that it was one of the finest motorcycles I've ever ridden!

The Aim Expo was cool. Met Geoffrey and some others at the MSTA booth and they said their was a lot of interest in the MSTA. I'm certain Saturday and Sunday will deliver new members. Nice effort by all of those who manned the booth over the Expo days. So nice not to have to make the run to Orlando during Biketoberfest now it's a scant 3 hours from my house.

Listen Tuesdays on the 2 Wheel Power Hour for our take on the event and Michael Marino's recap of the AMA Congress which he is a member and participated in their seminars . On the iHeart app at www.570wkbn.com

Thanks again to the MSTA members who manned the booth Thursday through Sunday!  Wardie
Wardie

Offline Landon

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: C14
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 08:44:49 AM »
I just thought of this, but are we offering any kind of "show special" to people that join on site this weekend?
Landon
12 Kawasaki C14

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »
I just thought of this, but are we offering any kind of "show special" to people that join on site this weekend?
I believe they are. I saw on another thread here (or maybe it was on FB) there was I believe a discount and / or a drawing for some free memberships.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »
I believe they are. I saw on another thread here (or maybe it was on FB) there was I believe a discount and / or a drawing for some free memberships.
Yes the deal was $10 off membership, and a drawing was going to be done for 10 new members, using the membership form without payment as our entries. Pat mentioned in another thread I think they had 8 new members signed and about 40-50 forms for the drawing, that was by the end on Saturday.

I can say based on my experience working the HSTA booth back at the other bike show (the one in Cleveland at IX Center that went around the country) we had a lot more success getting people intersted in the club, instead of just taking all the free stuff. Many looked at the map with dots representing rally locations which led to discussions of riding there, or our take on the event we attended in that spot. Once we had them talking about riding and found they're looking for others to ride with we had them at least interested, and often signing for drawing at least.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »
Yes 8 new (or in the case of 1 person) returning members that paid the reduced 29.00 rate for one year.....notice I didn't say renewing....

50+ people who entered the drawing for a free membership......many of whom said that it they didn't win that they would still be joining....including a couple that live in LaCrosse, Wisc.

10 people will be receiving a free 1-year membership.

Thousands of people that had never been exposed to the MSTA, had never heard of it, and are now aware of it.  Hopefully a LOT of them are today checking out the website and forum for the first time.

Hundreds of vendors and exhibitors that are now aware of, or more aware of, the MSTA and are interested in ways we can partner up to the benefit of both.

LOTS of laughter and lots on great conversation.

Lots of sore feet and bodies.

Lots of memories and stories that will be told.

Lots of GREAT people in this club that stepped up and made this a big success!

My thanks to each and every one of them!

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 10:48:52 AM »
Most of all, Thanks to you Mr. Pat for getting things set up and physically getting the display to the show. I feel this was a big success for us and the new members alike. I had a good vibe from the folks we talked to and think they felt our enthusiasm. I got to meet some members that stopped by that I hadn't before and great to see some others I only see once in a while.
I am very glad we got to be part of the show, it was well worth out time and effort. And there show was great too. It was not as big as some of the "Dealer Trade Shows" I've been to in the past but their was lots of things to see.  TM

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »
Many thanks to Pat for all the work he did to make this happen. For me, certainly, the time I put in helping was nothing but fun, chatting to people about motorcycles and talking up the club (easy!).

It was great to see everyone. This show was also far more interesting to me than the IMS show in Cleveland ever was.

The Saturday dinner at Smokehouse Brewing was a wonderful time too. Thanks to Howard for arranging that.
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 12:17:01 PM »
Looks like some really good stuff here! Thanks for all the hard work.
That said, who is going to AIM Expo in Las Vegas next year?  8) -JEP-

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »
Looks like some really good stuff here! Thanks for all the hard work.
That said, who is going to AIM Expo in Las Vegas next year?  8) -JEP-
Hello Nicky Zarras - are you out there??? He's a jumping off point at least.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 04:37:48 PM »
Worked 10-12 on Sunday. Good time, good traffic and interest. People standing around, talking every time I passed by. Great promotion and industry networking. FUN for the members who took part too!

Norm Kern