Author Topic: Product Review: CTEK Multi US (MUS) 4.3 BATTERY CHARGER  (Read 2398 times)

VersysRider

Product Review: CTEK Multi US (MUS) 4.3 BATTERY CHARGER
« on: September 13, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
By Nick Zarras | Managing Editor

While I was at a BMW Open House I had the pleasure of meeting Valerie Thompson. She is the fastest woman on two-wheels. She started racing in the All Harley Drag Racing Association, then went to NHRA Pro Motorcycle Series and then to Land Speed Racing where she holds five land speed records. Her recent claim to fame is riding a BMW S1000RR to a top speed of 212 MPH at the 2013 Texas Mile. This is a new 1000 cc event record. You have seen her in the 2013 documentary film, “Why We Ride,” the Discovery Channel program “Mega Speed,” and the “Bonneville Stories” video. She was also in a GoDaddy Super Bowl commercial! She is very personable, highly professional and one of the “guys” when it comes to talking motorcycles. You can read more about her at www.valeriethompsonracing.com.

L-R is Ray Garcia, Valarie Thompson and Nick Zarras

CTEK is Valarie Thompson’s sponsor/supporter for her race team. CTEK advertises their product line as “The Smartest Battery Chargers in the World”. She provided me a CTE K MUS 4.3 for a product test. The MUS 4.3 provides the state of the art technology from CTEK’s professional product range and is highly sought after for high demand tasking. Some of the features are diagnosing the battery’s capability to charge, reconditioning function in deeply discharged batteries, and long term maintenance charging. The charger is engineered for the demanding AGM batteries. The intuitive display has a mode switch to select motorcycle, car, cold weather/ADM battery, and a record program that returns energy to an empty WET and Ca/Ca battery. It comes with both eyelet style and clamp style battery terminal hookups. There is also a Comfort Indicator eyelet LED readout available that displays battery charge status.

The MUS 4.3 provides an automatic 8-step charger delivering selectable 0.8 amp (A) or 4.3 A to 12 volt (V) batteries from 1.2–110 ampere-hour (Ah). The MUS 4.3 is suitable for maintenance charging up to 160 Ah. The charger is splash and dust proof, designed to protect vehicle electronics, nonsparking, reverse polarity protected and short-circuit proof. It has a 5-year warranty. This is a trick system that shouldm handle all your battery charging needs. Visit the CTE K site (smartercharger.com) to review their full line of battery chargers.

Ride Safe my friend...
Clear skies, clear roads....