Main Forums > GPS Talk

Looking for a new GPS

(1/5) > >>

brider:
My helmet discussion went so well I might as well see if I can get some help in the GPS arena.   :helpme: The 2720/30 units I currently use may be time to replace.  I'm understanding that Garmin now makes a unit that has a twisty road option.  Is this true?  What model is that and what can I expect to pay for one?  At least if Mini Me (Jon Campbell) are going to be lost all the time we might as well be on twisy roads when we are making good time.   :P 

RIDEMYST:
Actually Garmin has several units that will auto select curvy roads, 590LM. 595LM and 395LM (may have missed a few).
I would start your selection process by visiting the Garmin website and comparing features, then shop for pricing. -JEP-
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cOnTheRoad-cMotorcycles-p1.html

NinjaBob:
My 390 LM has the curvey road navigation option. I have not yet been able to verify that it works. It does NOT work in the podunk area where I live but that is probably a map issue rather than a device issue. (Latest City Nav still says I live on unpaved Bryant Rd which was paved and renamed 25 years ago, despite me reporting the error to Garmin 3 times). At any rate there are some major navigation differences between the Zumo 390 and my old 2610 and Nuvi 550.

I would like to hear what other experiences have been with curvey road navigation.

normkern:
This will be fun to watch. Will Brider go for the LM 595 for $700? How about the LM 395 for $400, or maybe forego the twisty roads option and get the discontinued LM 660 for around $300? Or maybe get some sort of Nuvi for about $100. Decisions, decisions!

Norm Kern

DirtFlier:
He could cash-in that mountain of Old Milwaukee empties that were part of the cache in his Man Cave?   ;D

ps.  isn't the 2720/30 series from long before the last century? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version