Author Topic: WOW! MC road rage in CA.  (Read 983 times)

Offline Bermuda Ron

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Ron Campbell, MSTA Member
Somerset, Bermuda & Mills River, NC USA
Husqvarna TR650 Terra "Annie" my red-headed orphan; Triumph Sprint ST 1050; Kawasaki Vulcan 1600; Daelim S1
Riding out of Mills River, NC in the heart of Motorcycle Heaven!

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 110,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: Sprint
Re: WOW! MC road rage in CA.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »
Saw the video yesterday, this is very near where one of my brothers lives in the LA area. Pretty crazy stuff, nobody likes being run off the road but trying to kick at even a small car while driving (hemmed in by the concrete wall on the other side no less) is pretty dumb. Guy is lucky he was not killed. And since the motorcyclist kept going whiles others stopped to help not really a great image (IMHO) for us.
Steve Grabowski - Northern OH Asst Director
98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 04:55:34 PM »
Yes, not only a poor image for the motorcycling community at large, but since he fled if found he might be charged with hit and run. That's pretty serious.  :(
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 738,638
  • Primary Motorcycle: '07 BMW F650GS thumper now over 100k miles
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 08:16:39 PM »
The rider was responding to getting cut off by the driver whose car he kicked. That's no excuse for what he did. Road rage is road rage.  And once the rider had somehow avoided slamming into the Jersey barrier, he continued on. Bad choice. He'll be found and everyone involved with pay some price.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator
MSTA Secretary
TriSTAR Coordinator
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Tom S

• Forum Member II
  • tomsullivan@sullivanhomeplans.com
    • http://www.sullivanhomeplans.com
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: RC51, FZ6, VFR, naked PC, 900RR and dirt bikes.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »
However, one cannot dismiss his defensive driving skills. :trink39:
Sr. Top Gun. (If it weren't for Billy)

Offline Claywell

• Forum Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Honda Nighthawk
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »
That's insane. There could have been a baby inside that truck that ended up on the roof. I hope everyone was punished to the full extent of the law in this situation.

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 12:02:45 PM »
That's insane. There could have been a baby inside that truck that ended up on the roof. I hope everyone was punished to the full extent of the law in this situation.

I read a story just yesterday that the motorcycle rider was arrested on multiple charges. We'll see how long that plays out. I'd really like to see a video (but doubt it exists) of what precipitated this whole series of events. I'm sure the rider didn't just decide to kick the door of another vehicle because he was bored.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 110,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: Sprint
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »

I read a story just yesterday that the motorcycle rider was arrested on multiple charges. We'll see how long that plays out. I'd really like to see a video (but doubt it exists) of what precipitated this whole series of events. I'm sure the rider didn't just decide to kick the door of another vehicle because he was bored.
YEs something happened, the car that crashed into the divider had nearly run him off the road before. The story I just read (link below) has the person who recorded the video stating they started doing after the motorcycle was inadvertently cut off by a gray sedan (the vehicle that smashed into the barrier then caused the other vehicle to crash).

Three felony charges (assault with deadly weapon, hit-and-run and reckless driving). I do wonder if any chargers were given to the car driver that not only may have accidentally veered into the motorcycle but also then got into the road rage and tried to squeeze him into the center divider. Otherwise the rider is getting a raw deal here, mostly because he left the scene, and tried to kick at the car trying to kill him (both wrong, but not without cause).
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Arrest-Road-Rage-Camera-Motorcyclist-Kicks-Sedan-Before-Multi-Car-Crash-475441623.html
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:07:58 PM by stevegrab »
Steve Grabowski - Northern OH Asst Director
98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650