Author Topic: 2017 SCMA Three Flags  (Read 4596 times)

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
2017 SCMA Three Flags
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:59:20 PM »
I hope to ride this again in 2017. I didn't realize this was gonna be out before the new year but here it is! You will have to join the SCMA to ride this ride.

[/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]
[/size][/color]

[/t][/t]     

• When booking directly with the hotel, you are charged for the first night immediately, the balance payable upon arrival.   
    [/list]
    NOTE:
    The online hotel booking will show your total charges for the whole stay, but only the first night will be charged to your card immediately.
      • the Cut-off date for reservations at the group rate is July 31, 2017. After this date there are no guarantees for a room and the rates do not apply, so make your reservations early.
      [/list]
        • If you must cancel a reservation, for any reason, you can do it 72 hours (or more) in advance. Any cancellations with less than 72 hours notice will be subject to some charges. These can be confirmed by the hotel agent when cancelling.
        [/list]
        Making Peñasco Del Sol Hotel Reservations
        Hotel reservations can now be made online for the Peñasco Del Sol Hotel. Please ensure that you follow these simple steps.
          • now in Reservations, you must click on thePromotional Code first (found at the bottom of the My Dates Are: tab)
          • now under Promotional codes select the Group Code button and in the white box below enter the code 618 (you may have to scroll down a bit to see this box)
          • if you've entered this correctly, the My Dates Are: tab will now show Group:Three Flags Classic Motorcycle Rally at the bottom
          • now you enter your reservation details (dates, nights, rooms, and adults)
          • the next screen will give you the choice of a Deluxe Pool View Two Queens without a balcony for $95 USD or a Deluxe Pool View Two Queens with a balcony  for $115 USD
          • after entering your room choice you're given a choice of many "enhancements" that the hotel has to offer... these are extra costs and totally optional
          • you can skip this step and go straight to the billing section
          • your contact information is very important if it changes it is your responsibility to contact the hotel directly
          • if you don't have access to a computer, you can make your reservations by phoning the Peñasco Del Sol Hotel directly, toll-free US number 1-888-683-0067[/size][/font]
          • if phoning in your reservation, tell them you are with the Three Flags Classic to ensure the group rate for your stay
          [/list]
          If you have questions or concerns, I can be reached at 250-283-7256 or email me at 3flagschair@sc-ma.com.[/size][/font]
          Chris White
          3FC17 Chair

[/size][/color]
          As the Chairman for the 42nd Three Flags Classic, I am pleased to announce that you're going to see some changes this year....

First - the ride starts on September 1st, ends on September 4th, and the banquet is on September 5th.
          The biggest change... we're going to finish in Mexico this year! Only the fourth time in 3FC history and the first time in twenty-five years that we've done that.
          Details will come out over the next few weeks. Look for them in future e-blasts.
          As discussed at last year's banquet, we're starting in Abbotsford, BC. and finishing in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. Here's the hotel information to start booking your rooms now.
          In Abbotsford:
          Quality Hotel & Convention Center, 36035 North Parallel Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada. Reservations can be made 24 hours a day. Call (toll free) 1-888-411-1070 and tell them you're with the Three Flags to get our group rate of $95 CDN a night.[/size][/font]
          In Puerto Peñasco:
          Peñasco Del Sol Hotel, Paseo Las Glorias #1, 83550 Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico. Reservations can be made 24 hours a day online.
          Read ALL of this carefully.
          Important Information Regarding Puerto Peñasco Reservation
            • All reservations made outside of the Peñasco Del Sol Hotel have nothing to do with the SCMA. In other words, if you book through Expedia or any other online booking agent you are not considered part of the 3FC group. If you must call the hotel directly after making a reservation, YOU MUST tell the agent first who you made your reservations with. For example, I booked my room directly with your hotel and my confirmation number is ...     Or, I booked my room with Booking.com and my confirmation number is.... 
            [/list]
            [/t][/t]     

[/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]         

[/t][/t][/t]         

[/t][/t][/t]                       

[/t][/t]       

[/size][/color]
            Copyright © 2016 Southern California Motorcycling Association, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
             You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

[/t]                                                                                                                           
            [/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
            Brick
            2020 BMW R1250GS
            1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Landon

• MSTA Member
            • Primary Motorcycle: C14
            Re: 2017 SCMA Three Flags
            « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »
            Brick,

Can you provide some detail about this ride? The website is not real clear exactly what the goal is. Is it just a "border to border" ride with a laid out route that you follow? Is there some type of rally atmosphere to it or is it just about riding and enjoying the scenery?

What does it cost beyond the price of joining SCMA?
            Landon
            12 Kawasaki C14

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
            « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 08:33:07 PM »
            The southern CA motorcycle association hosts many different rides. Most have a Long Distance flavor. This is no different 6 to 700 mile days with 3 to 4 check points along the route too kind of keep you on the route. There is a rally atmosphere at the start and a banquet at the finish with a real fun group carrying the glass of three nations in a ceremony. Many have done this ride 15 and 20 times and so like the MSTA many are swing old friends again... once a year. I've done this twice and this will be the third time. Each was totally different but each was a lot of fun and a great event. This first year we started in Mexico then for years because of perceived danger we started as close as possible to the fence.
            It's probably not for everyone. Also it's like $250 and back in the day it was a lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Brick
            2020 BMW R1250GS
            1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
            • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
            • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
            « Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:26:45 AM »
            "Back in the day it was a lottery"

That sounds like now everyone who wants to participate can. Is that correct?
            Geoffrey Greene
            MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
            Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
            • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
            « Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »
            No, it is limited to 300 bikes.
            Steve

Offline Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
            « Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 09:07:39 PM »

so like the MSTA many are swing old friends again...

So, if I understand you correctly, this is a group of swingers? And you say that is like the MSTA?

Well, I guess I wasn't paying attention, 'cause I missed all that stuff. :-)

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
            « Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 09:20:44 PM »

so like the MSTA many are swing old friends again...

So, if I understand you correctly, this is a group of swingers? And you say that is like the MSTA?

Well, I guess I wasn't paying attention, 'cause I missed all that stuff. :-)

Whoa... well not that I know of but apparently my iPhone knows more about that than I do!!

Brick
            2020 BMW R1250GS
            1999 Suzuki SV-650