Author Topic: Hello From Florida  (Read 6334 times)

Madeuce216

Hello From Florida
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »
Hello all.  Just joined up and wanted to introduce myself.  I live in Lakeland Fl. and have Been riding since 2011.   I enjoy group rides, long distance rides and everything in between.  Oh, and the twistier the better (hard to do in my neck of the woods but it can be done). This is my first "motorcycle organization".   I ride a 2011 fz8.  This is my second bike.  My first was a cbr 250r, fun bike but the fz is a lot better. 

I have a regular ride group that I post rides once a month through meetup.com Most of these are not long distance.  Somewhere between 80-120 miles.  This org sounds interesting and a lot of fun.  Pretty sure I've run across some MSTA'ers around the Webster area on one of my jaunts through the green swamp.

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Re: Hello From Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »
Welcome aboard!
Nice choice in bikes! This year's raffle bike is the FZ9....good chance to increase by 100cc's!
We have a couple of lunch rides each month here in the Sunshine State, come join us.
http://www.flahsta.org/events.htm
Also have a few members in the Lakeland area that like to ride.
Hope to meet you at a RTE soon. -JEP-

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:00:56 AM »
Welcome and hello.  Glad you found the group.  Nice choice in bikes (I have an FZ6 and FZ1).  Make it a point to make some of the Florida lunch rides, good group of people to spend some time with. 

Your right, it is possible to find some curves in Florida if you look hard enough.  I call them roads with curves, but not curvy roads ;D , especially south of Lakeland where all the mines are.  Was down there last month and ran into a group of riders that were street racing down in that area on one of the back roads that is long and straight.  It didn't end well for one of the riders, but he did walk away, while the bike certainly didn't  :( .  Hope he is OK. 

I enjoyed my time riding down there, but the roads up here certainly are better.  Try to make it to one or two of the regional rallies up north here, and STAR if you ever can.  They are a great time and IMO attending them and seeing/meeting people at them is the best thing about this club. Hope to meet you at one of them this year.

Patrick
not all that wander are lost

Madeuce216

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:05:25 PM »
Yes I know the mine roads well.  They are ok but people forget the hazards, service trucks, gravel, and the occasional alligator, deer or wild boar....