Author Topic: Howdy! From Gawga!  (Read 6176 times)

The Mad Mongoose

Howdy! From Gawga!
« on: April 19, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
New guy here.  I live near Gainesville, Gawga, about 23 miles south of Dahlonega.  We're blessed up here with some great roads. I'm a member of our Masonic Riding Association, The Lion's Paw Chapter of the national group, The Widows Sons.  Our focus is on fun runs, and generating funds ,which we put back into the community.  We've built a really good reputation, as the result of our support and participation with other groups. I ride an '07 Honda VTX 1300, which I've had for about 2 years.  Been riding since '63, but got out of it for awhile, until I got bit again.... I look forward to meeting some new friends and putting more miles on my bike.  Keep the rubber side down, and I'll see you around the campfire....

Offline touringman

• MSTA Member
  • Syd Mayes
  • Lifetime Mileage: 400,000 ?
  • Primary Motorcycle: Honda CTX 700DCT
Re: Howdy! From Gawga!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 08:17:15 AM »
Welcome, and thanks for helping to show the better side of motorcycling. The impression you are leaving with your community is a very positive one. We are having an informal gathering called the North Georgia Classic next weekend in Helen at the Helendorf (sp? Inn. Ride on over and say hello if you have a chance. Take care, Syd :)
Touringman

The Mad Mongoose

Re: Howdy! From Gawga!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »
I'll be in Fla. next weekend, hooking up with high school friends, but I'd like to get with your group when I get back.  Anybody here from Georgia? :)