Main Forums > General Discussion

STAR...why?

(1/9) > >>

Patmo:
For those of you that don’t do Facebook, there has been a very lively and enjoyable discussion going on as what is the “purpose” of our annual STAR event.  The discussion morphed out of the original discussion of where to hold a western STAR?  There were several good suggestions made, but the where really depends on the WHY?

Is STAR’s main purpose to bring as many of our members together in one place at one time?
OR
Is it to introduce members to new areas and venues they wouldn’t normally go to?
OR
Something else?

Opinions? Thoughts?  Please discuss.....

STLTHMSTA:
All of the above. TM

DirtFlier:
Probably 70-80% more to bring members together from different parts of the country.

Ride4MS:
I agree, All of the above.

But, that does not help to answer the question/survey.
Having been to only three so far, I go to Ride with like minded riders and to see friends that I have not seen since last year.

We have been members since 2002, but never found time to attend those far away places, until Springdale, AR.  Enjoyed it so much with the new friends we made, now we are willing to travel further.

This past year in La Crosse, I heard those same comments, along with, WOW!  You guys to do have some nice riding roads in the Midwest.

Yes, we are planning to go to Bristol, to experience new roads and renew old friendships.

bcd:
I sort of feel that for me, this is a false dichotomy. I think both of those things are equally important to my enjoyment of a STAR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version