Author Topic: Is this thing on??!!  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: Is this thing on??!!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 07:28:12 AM »
The biggest concern around here right now is not snow, or sand, or even much gravel.  It’s the condition of the roads in regard to a) how much they deteriorated over the winter, and b) how much mud the farmer’s tractors have drug onto the roads after plowing a field.

April is always a dicey month in the mid-east/south where it will be sunny and 75 one day, and the next it might be 55, overcast, raining, and 40 mph winds.  Followed up with another warm front from the south bringing up tornados. Not unusual to see some early spring snows either.

Going to be cloudy and 70 today though...Go Ride!
not all that wander are lost

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 03:39:40 PM »
I rode a bit Saturday, local park roads that were a good slalom test at times. Luckily I avoided all the major holes, much easier than in the car. But I did skip one of the worst roads from my commute.

It sure did feel good to be back on the bike, even for a short local ride.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Smaug

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »
I'm members in both places, but I prefer fora to Facebook. It's hard to find something that's more than a few days old on Facebook.

This is also private, whereas anything I post on the Facebook group is visible to ALL my facebook friends. (and most of them don't care about my motorcycle touring hobby)

One thing that I think could GREATLY boost traffic to this forum is having a mobile-friendly page.
-Jeremy

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
I'm members in both places, but I prefer fora to Facebook. It's hard to find something that's more than a few days old on Facebook.

This is also private, whereas anything I post on the Facebook group is visible to ALL my facebook friends. (and most of them don't care about my motorcycle touring hobby)

One thing that I think could GREATLY boost traffic to this forum is having a mobile-friendly page.
Regarding your last point, I believe many people post with their phone using something called Tapatalk. It would even pop up at the top of the forum page if you were visiting with a mobile device (I always see it on my tablet).

Brick, richgrab are some I thought were doing it that way.

Doing anything else probably requires much more time by the web admin (volunteer) staff or even different forum software.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650