Main Forums > GPS Talk

Zumo's On Sale - Amazon Prime

<< < (2/2)

Paco Bulto:
Is there another lock on the Ram arm?

Kevin:
Paco Bulto, It looks like the ram arm lock is this one.
http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-KNOB3LU

Here is a zumo 590/595 lock that a guy in the UK makes. ~$65.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Zumo-590-595-Lock-/332316080105?hash=item4d5f94f7e9:g:pIIAAOSw0nJZdQtG

Daboo:
When I started looking at having a lock for the GPS itself, then a lock for the RAM extension and the added cost and hassle of those...I gave up.  I just press this little button and lock the GPS up when I leave the bike. 

Before my trip, I used the GPS for a couple months continually, just to get used to the routine.  It worked.  I don't forget and leave it on the bike.

Chris

stevegrab:

--- Quote from: Daboo on July 24, 2017, 07:18:46 PM ---When I started looking at having a lock for the GPS itself, then a lock for the RAM extension and the added cost and hassle of those...I gave up.  I just press this little button and lock the GPS up when I leave the bike. 

Before my trip, I used the GPS for a couple months continually, just to get used to the routine.  It worked.  I don't forget and leave it on the bike.

Chris

--- End quote ---
Sounds practical. I've been using a Nuvi which only cost $150, I'd leave it on during some breaks, though I would take it inside at lunch more so I could use it than for security). At the end of the day the GPS always goes inside with me, even on the bike in the garage at home.

I've also used a magnetic tank bag for years and rarely worry about somebody walking away with it.

I guess people are concerned about theft, but then I've seen bikes in the lot at an event at night with the keys in them ;)

DirtFlier:
Yes, I'm using the locking knob and you can see it in the photo.  I believe those are around $20-$25 and the Master brand padlock costs around $6.  The plate was made from some steel scrap I had in my metal bin.  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version