Author Topic: MSTA Member Profile - Ellen Kocher  (Read 1208 times)

VersysRider

MSTA Member Profile - Ellen Kocher
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:45:20 PM »

In June 2013 on the Blue Ridge Parkway, heading home from the BMW RA Rally in Asheville, NC.

Hometown/State? Born in Ohio but have been in Florida since I was in grade school (West Palm Beach area).

What was your first motorcycle? A used Yamaha XT250. It was one of my Christmas presents back in the 1980’s.

Current motorcycles? 1997 BMW R1100RS; 2007 BMW F650GS.

What is your all-time favorite motorcycle? Not sure. Since I’m only 5?2? it’s any bike that allows my feet to reach the ground! I need a lowered bike and/or lowered shock.

How long have you been riding? About 30 years.

When did you join the MSTA? 2013.

How did you hear about the MSTA? From members who rode with Kevin Healey’s group.

Who or what was your biggest influence in motorcycling? My husband. He had been riding since he was 14!

What are your favorite places to ride? Curvy roads preferred. Within easy reach from WPB through GA, AL, NC, SC, TN, VA. When a longer vacation is available, anywhere from New England to the Southwest.

Describe a memorable motorcycle adventures? Edelweiss Affordable Alps tour, riding in Nova Scotia, riding to many National Parks in the Southwest, riding to BMW rallies all over the country!

What is the best motorcycle advice or tip learned over the years? Stay alert to everyone around you.

What turns you on about motorcycles or riding? Being part of the scenery is a huge plus! You meet the nicest people when you’re on two-wheels.

What do you get out of your MSTA membership? A great group of motorcyclists!

What are your hobbies and interests outside of motorcycling? Spending time with family and friends, including traveling with my daughter; watching college football; going to plays and concerts.

In June 1987 on my R65 in Belfast, Maine