Author Topic: New in Philly  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Raintown

• Forum Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: Ha ha ha... Last year was the first time I had one with a speedometer!
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R
New in Philly
« on: September 30, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
Hi to All!

Stumbled across the site today, and thought I'd join up.  Hoping to meet people near (or far) who share my interests.  I obviously love Dual Sports, but into a lot of different things.  Fishing, hiking, camping, shooting... Really, anything outdoors suits me well.  I'm hoping to do a Wilderness Collective trip next year - www.wildernesscollective.com, if anyone is up for the same, that'd be fun to do with a friend or two (or 8).

I have zero desire to run down I-95 through Philly on a Sport Bike - I'm happy running down an old railroad bed or forest road.

If you're in my area, look me up.  If not, and want to do a long or short Moto-Camping trip, I'm game for that too. 

Until we ride, or speak again, please stay safe out there.
"The mountains are calling and I must go..."
  - John Muir -

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: New in Philly
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
Welcome!  We ran into several people from your area at the recent AIM Expo in Columbus and hope that many of them may become MSTA members.  If you do Facebook, we also have an MSTA FB page that many read/post to on a regular basis.  Hope to see more activity in the eastern Pa./NJ/NY areas n the future.
not all that wander are lost

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »
Welcome. We have a small, but very enthusiastic contingent of dual sporters, and I'm happy to try to include myself in that category. I rode my BMW F650GS (thumper), to Alaska on an 19,000 round trip in 2014, and camped the vast majority of the time. Yeah, I know the F650GS is more of a small adventure bike than a real dual sport, but my DR650 fills the other end of that spectrum for me.
Having a wide variety of interests in bikes is one of the things I like so much about this association. At our rallies we ride what and where you want during the day and then come back to socialize with friends at night.

Consider coming to one of our informal "just-for-fun" weekend events with no membership required. Once you've gotten to know us a bit, you'll be ready to sign up for one of our official weekend events or our national rally, STAR, for which you need to be a member of the association.

As we say...come for the rides and stay for the friends.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline TN2Wheeler

• Forum Member IV
  • Rider since 1958
    • Jim's Motorcycle Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: ~1M
  • Primary Motorcycle: DR650 Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »
Welcome. We have a small, but very enthusiastic contingent of dual sporters, and I'm happy to try to include myself in that category. I rode my BMW F650GS (thumper), to Alaska on an 19,000 round trip in 2014, and camped the vast majority of the time. Yeah, I know the F650GS is more of a small adventure bike than a real dual sport, but my DR650 fills the other end of that spectrum for me.
Having a wide variety of interests in bikes is one of the things I like so much about this association. At our rallies we ride what and where you want during the day and then come back to socialize with friends at night.

Consider coming to one of our informal "just-for-fun" weekend events with no membership required. Once you've gotten to know us a bit, you'll be ready to sign up for one of our official weekend events or our national rally, STAR, for which you need to be a member of the association.

As we say...come for the rides and stay for the friends.
We have a (mostly) DS JFF gathering planned for the first of April in Staunton,  VA.  Not really that far from Philadelphia -  Staunton Spring Romp.
Jim Randall
Get your motor runnin'
2004 DL650 - Head out on the highway
2015 DR650 - Lookin' for Adventure

Offline ipnman

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW 2019 R1250RT
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:45:39 AM »
Welcome, we're glad to have you
Philly is my hometown :)

Ride Safe