Author Topic: Another New Guy  (Read 8137 times)

Offline Daleah

• Forum Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 20,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW R1200 GSW
Re: Another New Guy
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 08:06:29 PM »
Hi everyone!  I just wanted to give a bit of an update.

We have been busy creating new routes as fast as possible and have just finished our 23rd route!

Our latest completed routes, which are in Iowa, are the Sabula Anamosa Route and the Balltown Dreams Route.

We have also been meeting with local motorcycle groups to spread the word about our website.

Stop by our website DriftlessRoadAdventures.com to get the latest news and to download the newest routes.

Thanks!

Dale

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 09:12:04 AM »
Looked at your site. Good stuff! Wish I lived closer and had time to explore those routes.

Norm Kern

Offline Daleah

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Norm!

Offline Daleah

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 12:43:22 PM »
We have some more routes done.  We are now up to 25 complete.

This Saturday we will be leading a group ride on the Wisconsin Triangle route.  I'll be posting pictures to our facebook page throughout the day.

On Sunday, we are going to stop by the ATLAK tour at Chestnut Mountain Resort in Galena.  If anyone is going, let me know so we can try to meet up (if you want).

Dale
Driftless Road Adventures

Offline PolyJohn

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2000 VFR800
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 11:48:06 PM »
Dale,
I'm heading to Galena Saturday morning for the ATLAK event and campout.  I'll be on a Yellow VFR.  Hope to see you there!!
John

Offline Daleah

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 12:46:53 AM »
John, I'll look for you.  I'll be on a blue GS.  Arriving sometime Sunday morning.

Offline Daleah

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
John, it was great to meet you in person and visit a bit.

I hope you all have a great rally next week.  Hopefully we will be able to stop by. 

Working on our plans now.

Dale

Offline PolyJohn

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2000 VFR800
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2018, 07:35:11 AM »
Likewise!!  And if you can't make the rally, then come to one of the MSTA Chicago area "Ride to Eat's", they're held every Monday until mid November.

Offline Daleah

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 09:15:36 PM »
Hello Everyone.

We have not posted for quite a while and we wanted to bring you up to speed on this past year and our plans for the future.

For those of you who don't know us, or don't remember us, we are Dale and Renee and we have created DriftlessRoadAdventures.com.  This is a website that offers free self-guided tour routes in the Driftless Areas of Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

We launched the website in April of 2018, and since the launch we have been very busy.  We created 33 individual, single day routes covering over 8,500 miles of awesome roads.  We attended several events including the Rev It Up for Awareness Ride, the Triumph ATLAK event, and the BMWMOA Rally in Des Moines.  We also met with and shared our website with several motorcycle dealers throughout the Driftless Area.

Although we have not had a very big presence on individual motorcycle forums, we have spent a lot of time on other social media platforms by blogging regularly and sharing our blog posts on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.  We also opened a store and began to sell Driftless Road Adventure branded merchandise.

In addition to all of these activities, we still managed to ride 5 of our new routes and take a trip on the northern portion of the T.W.A.T and the Lake Superior north shore.

We had a lot of fun in 2018 and 2019 is shaping up to be just as busy and just as much fun.  Some of the things we are working on include:
  • Website Updates, including a calendar of area events and rides.
  • New challenges and contests.
  • Driftless area group rides.
  • Dual Sport recommendations.
  • Paper maps for those that like to go old school.
The new events calendar is already available on the website, and we are continuously adding events as details firm up.  if you know of a public event, please let us know.

Thanks for all of your support in 2018.  We hope you have a safe and fun 2019.

Dale and Renee

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 08:17:26 AM »
👍
not all that wander are lost