Author Topic: Mid Ohio's Vintage Motorcycle Days need room mate  (Read 3913 times)

Offline wardie

• MSTA Member
    • 2 Wheel Power Hour
  • Lifetime Mileage: over 200K
  • Primary Motorcycle: 1995 BMW K 1100 RS
Mid Ohio's Vintage Motorcycle Days need room mate
« on: July 06, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »
I have a room at the LaQuinta in Mansfield (15 minutes from track). Room has two double beds. $90 plus tax nightly. Room is reserved Friday and Saturday. Looking for room mate both days to split room cost.

Going to be 90 degrees and humid (what else it's Mid Ohio) Friday. The Japanese Vintage Motorcycle Club is staying there. Should be a cool place to stay in the evenings and if U get hot turn the air up!

If you have interest call or text me at 330-502-4197  Larry Ward
Wardie

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Re: Mid Ohio's Vintage Motorcycle Days need room mate
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 02:10:07 PM »
Probably not even going this year, I'm wiped out from my post STAR trip (including the long drive to VT and back) and not even sure I have a bike that can be ridden to Mid-Ohio (plus its gotten more expensive and less enjoyable).

Enjoy it, I usually ride home anyway and wouldn't spend the night.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline wardie

• MSTA Member
    • 2 Wheel Power Hour
  • Lifetime Mileage: over 200K
  • Primary Motorcycle: 1995 BMW K 1100 RS
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 03:10:27 PM »
My Off Road Riding and Competition reporter Bob Wentzel is racing motocross 9am Friday and my other buds racing Mini's on demo pad Sat/Sun and big bikes throughout the weekend.

After last years high side at Pittsburgh my better half said sell the bike and race sailboats. So I'll be on the side lines Friday watching practice and hanging with Bridgestone rep and buddy TJ Tennant.

If U want to go and split the room I'll find U a ticket cuzz you're a bud!

Has Rich come down from those heavenly heights when he won the bike??? How did he like the ride home on the Beemer??

Nate and I left Vermont and headed for Newburgh, New York to visit Motorcyclepedia Museum. Way cool a must see whenever you're in the general area. I managed to put 1895 miles on the Honda CB 500 X. Man if u stay at 65 mph it returns 69 mpg!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:12:02 PM by wardie »
Wardie

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
Thanks for the offer Larry, if I can make it some how I'll reach out.

After we got Rich's VFR off to a shop Thursday we spent the rest of the day reading up on the bike, playing with its settings and figuring out how to get all the luggage on (he had a top case on the VFR, a tank bag and a large duffel on the seat, could not use top case or tank bag on the BMW for ride home).

He enjoyed the ride home and chronicled much of it on Facebook. The first day sucked as we could not get it properly registered licensed in Vermont so we wasted some time there, and then fetched the VFR plate to use on the BMW for the ride home. So it was slab from Bennington VT to past Binghamton NY. Then Saturday was a nice all backroad day through PA including some of US6 we did on the way out and also PA144 which was very nice, and overnight near NY border outside Bradford. Next day we tried PA666 which could be nice but was a recent chip-n-seal job and then back the way we came on US62 back towards Ohio.

All in all Richard loves his BMW, more comfortable riding position, quick steering, great breaks. While it requires premium and has a small (just over 4 gal) tank, the high milage (had close to 60 on a couple tanks, 50+ average over 900 miles) makes up for it some.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
Thanks for the offer Larry, if I can make it some how I'll reach out.

After we got Rich's VFR off to a shop Thursday we spent the rest of the day reading up on the bike, playing with its settings and figuring out how to get all the luggage on (he had a top case on the VFR, a tank bag and a large duffel on the seat, could not use top case or tank bag on the BMW for ride home).

He enjoyed the ride home and chronicled much of it on Facebook. The first day sucked as we could not get it properly registered licensed in Vermont so we wasted some time there, and then fetched the VFR plate to use on the BMW for the ride home. So it was slab from Bennington VT to past Binghamton NY. Then Saturday was a nice all backroad day through PA including some of US6 we did on the way out and also PA144 which was very nice, and overnight near NY border outside Bradford. Next day we tried PA666 which could be nice but was a recent chip-n-seal job and then back the way we came on US62 back towards Ohio.

All in all Richard loves his BMW, more comfortable riding position, quick steering, great breaks. While it requires premium and has a small (just over 4 gal) tank, the high milage (had close to 60 on a couple tanks, 50+ average over 900 miles) makes up for it some.

Yeah, what he said. In a nutshell Larry, loving the heck out of it. Now if I could get it registered in MI (another week or so should do it) I can finally take it to the morning breakfast hang out and show off to anyone who drops by.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi