Author Topic: RCR 2014  (Read 7074 times)

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
RCR 2014
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:00:22 AM »
Many thanks to Moose, Margy, Carl, Will, Ron & Linda, etc., for putting on a great event.  It's always fun to attend RCR and this year was especially significant since it was the 25th anniversary.  Those who stayed home missed a great event!  :D

nytetravler

Re: RCR 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
 I would like to thank ALL the people that were there. They made us new members feel at home. I am glad I joined, and I look forward to the next ride I can get to.
 Special thanks to all that helped my buddy out of his predicament, that really showed the spirit of the group.

All said and done I put 739.6 miles on my FZ6R. all of it awesome. 

Thanks to all,
Dave

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:51:30 AM »
Dave,

Enjoyed meeting you and Spencer! RCR is a great first MSTA event. Being small, it's informal and a lot easier to meet people and figure out what's going on. 

Since there was only one route on Sat, everyone was riding it. I really like Ray Kang's idea for new riders- Start the route early, let a group pass you, ride with them for awhile, let another group pass, ride with them etc. That makes it easy to figure out your comfort zone and who you want to ride with.

The upcoming MailPouch Fly-By is at the other end of the scale from the RCR- it's the largest MMSTA regional rally. 14 routes to choose from (or roll your own), probably 180 riders if the weather is good. Huge variety of wonderful people and bikes. Hope you and Spencer can make it!

Offline Buckeye56

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:40 AM »
I will second the comments about the great event put on by the Indiana Squadron last weekend. Betty Lise and I had a great time as always and lok forward to going again. Saturdays visit by Jennifer was an added treat. I think she stayed 4 hours talking to just about everyone about sport touring. Fun stuff!

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »
Just adding my thanks to everyone already named, plus the other attendees.  I had a great time as always.  RCR might be a smaller event than MPFB, but the organizers still pack a bunch of fun in. If you aren't going to this, you're missing out!
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline Mooose

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Ducati Scrambler
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 12:46:39 PM »
Wish I woulda' read these comments BEFORE I did the write-up for STAReview!!!! I woulda' told them how great I am  ;D
Seriously, thanks to everyone for the kind remarks.
Moose
Mooose