Author Topic: Hello from Chillicothe, OH  (Read 8009 times)

Offline sirepair

• Forum Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 93 Honda ST1100/15 Yamaha FJ-09
Hello from Chillicothe, OH
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »
Hi!  My name is Pat and I have an addiction!  :helpme:

New to the MSTA, but not new to riding.  Been riding for 45+ years.  Started out on a Yamaha Mini Enduro, now riding a 93 ST1100 and 2015 FJ09, both the fastest color, red (well, the ST is getting more silver as the candy red fades!)

I've been hanging out on ST-Owners.com for 11 years.  My wife and I host OH-STOC, an Ohio ST Owners Group get-together that brings 40 or so sport touring riders together to scoot around South Eastern Ohio in June.  The last 5 or 6 years, we have hosted from Lake Hope State Park. 

I'm looking to network and meet other like-minded riders and MSTA looks like a pretty good fit. Enjoyed meeting a few members at the AIM Expo recently in Columbus.

If you find yourself in the southern/south-eastern part of Ohio looking for someone to ride with, let me know.  I'll see if I can join up with you. 

Going to try to make it to the Triple Nickle lunch ride next week.  Hope to meet up in Etna.  See you there!

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: Hello from Chillicothe, OH
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:39:54 PM »
Welcome!  Glad you found the forum and the MSTA.  Look forward to meeting you soon and also to working with you and other members of the STOC in the future.
not all that wander are lost

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:27:13 AM »
Welcome! I used to live in Ohio.
Curious what is the Triple Nickel lunch ride? I assume it has something to do with OH 555.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:50:02 AM »
Curious what is the Triple Nickel lunch ride? I assume it has something to do with OH 555.

Triple Nickle Diner......the Ohio group is heading there on Saturday for their monthly lunch ride.  I believe it’s on route 555.
not all that wander are lost

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:36 AM »
Pat,

Welcome to the MSTA! I'm based in Dayton, OH, and do day rides over your way about once a month, so we could hook up sometime. I also attend STAR and most of the regional rallies, so give me a shout if you have any questions etc.

Shoot me an email at nkern@kernvideo.com for more info.

Norm Kern

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Hello from Chillicothe, OH
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »
Welcome! Also a past member of the ST-Owners forum, nice group over there. I think you will find the Ohio MSTA group has lots going on. -JEP-

Offline Landon

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: C14
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 03:49:20 PM »
Glad to see you've decided to join the group Pat. I've known Pat for several years now, we've ridden together numerous times and I've attended his OHSTOC event a few times. Its a great event, but it does typically conflict with STAR. He is a great addition to this group and should fit in well.
Landon
12 Kawasaki C14

Offline sirepair

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »
Pat,

Welcome to the MSTA! I'm based in Dayton, OH, and do day rides over your way about once a month, so we could hook up sometime. I also attend STAR and most of the regional rallies, so give me a shout if you have any questions etc.

Shoot me an email at nkern@kernvideo.com for more info.

Norm Kern
Norm,
I believe we rode together once 7 or 8 years ago.  I met up with you and a couple other guys and we blasted around SE Ohio.  I was on my red 93 ST1100, one of the other guys was on an FJR.  I remember it vividly as I had quite a "moment" on 335 between Beaver and Waverly!

Looking forward to riding with you again.

Pat
Glad to see you've decided to join the group Pat. I've known Pat for several years now, we've ridden together numerous times and I've attended his OHSTOC event a few times. Its a great event, but it does typically conflict with STAR. He is a great addition to this group and should fit in well.

If Landon is part of this bunch, it can't be all bad!  We'll have to get together some time soon.  Are you going to the Waynesville RTE on the 21st?

Pat

Offline Landon

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: C14
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 07:39:47 AM »

If Landon is part of this bunch, it can't be all bad!  We'll have to get together some time soon.  Are you going to the Waynesville RTE on the 21st?

Pat

No. I sold my Connie earlier this year and just recently picked up a KLX250s so I'd have something to go ride off road with Corbin. The Klx needs motor work, so its going to be a winter project. My long distance road riding days are going to be put on hold for awhile till the kids get older and don't want anything to do with Dad (or until they want to go riding with me :D)
Landon
12 Kawasaki C14

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 02:29:36 PM »
Curious what is the Triple Nickel lunch ride? I assume it has something to do with OH 555. https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji1.pngRe: Hello from Chillicothe, OH

Triple Nickle Diner......the Ohio group is heading there on Saturday for their monthly lunch ride.  I believe it’s on route 555.
Yes I was surprised to see there was a diner in this small town (Chesterhill on OH555 at junction with 377), if they're not on the main road I rarely notice (and some aren't in GPS files).

Welcome aboard Pat, new members mean new ideas.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 08:55:30 AM »
Welcome from Hilliard, Pat! I look forward to meeting you, perhaps at the Triple Nickel Diner in Chesterhill tomorrow.
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline sirepair

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »
My rear tire (or lack of!) received several comments yesterday on the lunch ride. I did make it home without issue and am pleased to say that I only went about 10 miles too far! Got my $$-worth out of it, for sure. New Metzler Roadtec 01 is ready for duty!

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 08:28:09 AM »
That new one looks WAY better :-)

It was great meeting you, I look forward to seeing you (and the other Pat!) again.
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
Meh what's a little cord, especially on a short day ride. ;)  Looks like a Metzler I had on my CBR600 on year at Mail Pouch, riding home I was trying to lean all day so I wasn't riding on the center of the tire.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »
Sirepair,

Feel free to friend me on Facebook or email me at nkern@kernvideo.com.

Norm Kern