Main Forums > General Discussion

Yamaha Sales Down

(1/6) > >>

RIDEMYST:
The sales don’t look good for Yamaha! -JEP-

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/yamaha-500cc-sales-catastrophe/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkGTRider:
That's a real shame. If I were to be going out to spend money on a new bike, I'd still have to put the FJ-09 near the top of my list. It's a bike that really trips my trigger.

brider:
[font=]Geoffrey, I afraid if the new bike market depends on you and me they are all in trouble... :helpme: [/font]

HawkGTRider:
I'll just say that I "appreciate the depreciation" that comes when someone decides to part company with a bike. It's allowed me to add some low mileage bikes, as well as higher mileage and well used bikes, to the garage.

Patmo:
And therein lies the problem for the manufacturers.  As the market ages, the “need” for a NEW bike wans.  Most of us are very happy picking up a bike that is a couple of years old, but with almost no use on it.  The need for a warranty that a new bike offers, or the need for the bling that a new bike offers, is not enough incentive for us to spend the extra money that the new bike costs.  We don’t need the low payments financing either because we more often pay cash.  We aren’t in need of all the bells and whistles because we can’t figure out how to use it all anyway. 

And the younger folks that might be tempted to buy the new bikes, with their warranties and bling, are so burdened down with debt, they can’t take on the financial burden that doing so would entail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version