Main Forums > General Discussion

MSTA on Twitter

(1/5) > >>

Patmo:
the MSTA now has a Twitter account.  If you are a twitter user, please connect via @ridemstacom and stay up to date on happenings!

RIDEMYST:

Just thinking out loud here.....

I wonder if we are diminishing our communications by being spread out over more social networks?
There has been a marked reduction in this forum's usage, which may or may not be from members using our Facebook page. And I have seen important comments on both Facebook and this forum that never reach the other site.

My point is, if we spread ourselves out to far will we be talking with very little listening? -JEP-

RichGrab:

--- Quote from: RIDEMYST on September 28, 2018, 02:05:30 PM ---
My point is, if we spread ourselves out to far will we be talking with very little listening? -JEP-

--- End quote ---
I was thinking the same thing Jim. Also, I somehow think it needs to be clear to users that just by joining the Facebook (or Twitter, or Instagram or whatever) group, you are not a member of the MSTA. I know we want to grow our numbers.
And of course, just my $0.02 worth - YMMV.

Steve:
No to Twitter, yes to Jim.

Rayk86ss:
That restaurant is so crowded-- no one goes there anymore.  I agree that it would be great to have more activity on this forum.  Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are all fine, but we need a space of our own.  ADVrider is a site that I enjoy, and it seems to hum along rather well.  I'd like to see member ride reports, photos, and other activities on these MSTA forums daily so that it becomes the ADV for the sport touring set.  The moderators have done a fine job setting up the MSTA forum, but people are naturally drawn to where the action is--online or irl.  Various state and local MSTA groups have their own ways of staying in touch that may not involve these forums.  Trying to pressure state  directors to use these forums seems ill advised.  We've been through one senseless mutiny already. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version