Author Topic: Austin MotoGP, April 12-14, 2019  (Read 2250 times)

Offline roginoz

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2005 Honda ST1300
Austin MotoGP, April 12-14, 2019
« on: December 06, 2018, 02:23:29 PM »
 I just ordered tickets for the 2019 MotoGP at Circuit of the Americas, in Austin.  The 2019 races are set for April 12 through 14.  Practice is on Friday, qualifying on Saturday; Moto3, Moto2, and MotoGP races are on Sunday.  MotoAmerica usually has a race on Saturday and one on Sunday, as well, but I haven't confirmed their schedule yet.  The MotoAmerica Supersport and Superbike races are a nice bonus, at no extra charge.

If you haven't been, COTA is a great racing venue.  It's the only MotoGP round in the United States this year.  I think the track is seven years old, and excellent design, and the support infrastructure is very good.  We've been to MotoGP at COTA every year since it's inception.

We're going to be in the same seats as last year: Turn 15, Section 17, Row 22.  I think that this offers the best view at the track, and there are two jumbotron screens adjacent that show the areas that aren't in view.  In addition to action on the track, there are a large number of motorcycle and accessory vendors.  Food and drink isn't excessively expensive at COTA, no worse than our local ballpark.

Good reserved seats for the weekend can be had for $169 or $189, depending on how far up in the stands you sit.  (Unlike most venues, seats higher up are more expensive, as they offer a wider view.  Rows 124 and lower are $169, and I've found that anything from row 120 on up offers an excellent view.)  There are also higher priced options, and reasonably priced general admission tickets.  (There are good GA viewing areas, but you'll have to sit on the ground or stand.)  Motorcycle parking is free, close to the turn 15 entrance.

Eli Crevelone has handled our tickets the last few years, and I've been really pleased with his service. Last year, after my knee surgery, he arranged for handicapped parking and shuttle service.  COTA is doing pre-sale right now, but Eli said to feel free to provide his contact information to forum members. His direct line is (512) 655-6262, and his e-mail is Eli.crevelone@thecircuit.com.
Roger Smith
'05 ST1300
'12 XR1200X
'09 KLR650
'73 CL350