Main Forums > GPS Talk

Garmin firmware change

<< < (2/3) > >>

NinjaBob:
Thanks for the comments, guys. I am going to try to learn Basecamp. However it is possible to create a route in Mapsource and import it into Basecamp.

PYG RYDR:

--- Quote from: NinjaBob on August 19, 2018, 08:29:54 AM ---Thanks for the comments, guys. I am going to try to learn Basecamp. However it is possible to create a route in Mapsource and import it into Basecamp.

--- End quote ---

Yes!

You can open gps files in either Garmin Mapping Program.

Although there is a learning curve with Basecamp, I find it much easier to use than Mapsource.

normkern:
It takes a lot more effort to learn Basecamp, but once you learn it, it's a much more powerful tool. I love it.

If you already can get by in basecamp, I could sit down with you for half an hour and show you how to make it fly.

You can pick up some basics by reading the GPS Files User Guide for FlyBy Week at
http://flybyweek.com/downloads/2018%20FBW%20GPS%20file%20notes.pdf

Norm

Kevin:
Bob, if Windows Explorer shows the folder structure of the zumo390, which it should, then you can still get by just using Mapsource.  But you should still learn BaseCamp.  This is how I send my routes to my Navigator 6.  Create the route(s) in Mapsourse.  Save the Mapsource file as a gpx file, just know the folder/location the gpx file is saved.  Connect the zumo390 to your computer, navigate to  zumo 390 > Internal Storage > GPX.  Then copy and paste the saved gpx file to the zumo390’s GPX folder.  Then disconnect the zumo from the computer and power it up.  It may take a couple of minutes after the gps is powered up, you should get a pop-up screen indicating new data found. Then just select and import the routes.

NinjaBob:
Thanks guys! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version