Ride Reports > Just For Fun Ride Reports

2016 Arkansas Byway Boogie

(1/4) > >>

Tom S:
This year's ABB was another good one.  I'm guessing that around 20 attended.  It was raining in Memphis Friday morning, so I spent 15 minutes loading the bike on the trailer instead of 4 hours riding in the rain.  On Saturday's ride, we got separated from the main group departing, so three of us did our own thing to lunch at Gaston's overlooking the White River near Mountain Home. The ride started out and ended a little cool, especially when we got in the fog on top of the Ozarks, however, the center part of the day was perfect!   I heard that Bill Obrien led the main group on a conservative pace to lunch.  After lunch I hooked up with the main group.  I knew, even Bill's conservative pace would be fun, but when Bill asked me to lead for a while on the way back I expected that there were several other regular ABB fast buddies and buddiettes that were wanting to come out of the closet and misbehave for a section or two.  Sure enough, they did not disappoint.

Sunday, was warm, so I regretted trailering, but the radio and AC made up for it.

Thanks to Bill and Gala Obrien for keeping the ABB alive.  It will stay on my calendar as long as it and I keep going. ;)

Brick:
Yea I need to get back out there for this again! Arkansas has lots of fun riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patmo:
I agree....you do need to get back out there again, or to any MSTA event for that matter!  We're all hoping that comes about sooner, rather than later, Brick.

How'd the checkup go?

Brick:

--- Quote from: Patmo on October 20, 2016, 08:10:12 PM ---I agree....you do need to get back out there again, or to any MSTA event for that matter!  We're all hoping that comes about sooner, rather than later, Brick.

How'd the checkup go?

--- End quote ---

Pat,
I'm doing well... back riding and started out with short rides and now up to 220-240 mile days. No multi day trips yet!
Guess I won't get to an MSTA event this year.

I'm doing Cardio Rehab Monday, Tuesday and Friday and getting stronger every day!
I was seeing how heavy that Super Tenere really is!

I'm looking hard at a Yamaha FJ09... that's 130-140 pounds liter than my Tenere! That's a lot. But I think the Tenere is still a better road trip bike.

I keep thinking I should sell the 1999 SV650 that I bought from Jim and Ginny LaPoint. But probably can't get much for it so it's hardly worth selling.

HawkGTRider:

--- Quote from: Brick on October 21, 2016, 11:08:16 AM ---
I'm doing Cardio Rehab Monday, Tuesday and Friday and getting stronger every day!
I was seeing how heavy that Super Tenere really is!

I'm looking hard at a Yamaha FJ09... that's 130-140 pounds liter than my Tenere! That's a lot. But I think the Tenere is still a better road trip bike.

I keep thinking I should sell the 1999 SV650 that I bought from Jim and Ginny LaPoint. But probably can't get much for it so it's hardly worth selling.

--- End quote ---

I test rode an FJ-09 earlier this year when the Yamaha demo truck was at a local dealership. I'm not generally attracted to new things, but an FJ-09 would be on my short list if I had space in my garage and appropriate funds become available. I liked it. Everyone's got different requirements, but I think it would be a fine road-trip bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version