Main Forums > GPS Talk

GPS info - Garmin zumo 660 vs 590

(1/10) > >>

stevegrab:
Curious to hear any feedback people have on these 2 units. I've been looking to upgrade from my Garmin Nuvi 2450 which is not motorcycle specific, and well used after 5 years in both the car and on bike trips. New car has GPS so one dedicated for MC use is in order.

I'm looking at a good deal on Amazon, the 660LM for $300, the 590 is shown as the newer model, but is around 550.

Is the 660 a good unit or does it have serious flaws?  I notice the screen is only 4.3", my current unit is 5", not sure if that matter a lot.  Is the 590 worth almost double? 
[size=78%]https://tinyurl.com/jnqz8xp[/size]

I know there are better Zumo models but spending a lot more than $500 is not in my plans.

Landon:
I've got the 660 and it's a good unit. I've not had any issues with mine and it does everything you would expect from a GPS.

I cannot speak to the 590, never had or used one. I can't imagine it so much better that it's worth spending twice as much.

RIDEMYST:
I've had a 660 and now own a 590 so I have experienced both units.
For starters the 660 is very good. The biggest drawback is the screen in sunlight....not good. Most everything else performed as advertised.
The 590 is the next generation and has several more bells and whistles. For starters the screen could still be brighter but much better than the 660.
The bells and whistles I use on the 590 are the weather app, the enhanced nav features and the Pandora/Bluetooth music.
I guess it depends on what you want verses what you want to spend.
I travel often and use most features so for me it's worth the extra dollars.
Hopes this helps and not confuse. -JEP-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevegrab:
Thanks guys. Basics and value, I think the 660 is the one for me. My Nuvi was not good in sunlight either, I may try a hood on this one.

Landon:
Maybe I have a 665 as I can get traffic and weather is I subscribe through Sirius.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version