Ride Reports > Just For Fun Ride Reports

14th year Keith Huckabey Memorial Ride

(1/3) > >>

Tom S:
Another great HMR. Seven riders enjoyed the 2 day there and 2 day back HMR sport touring route, fine-tuned over 14 years.  Most of the riders were from Memphis, but Denise came over from Oklahoma and Mark Womack from Texas, both returning for another repeat ride. As usual, the Friday and Sunday night midpoint stay on top of Mt. Eagle's at the Best Western Smokehouse Lodge where 10 degree cooler temps was a welcomed coming and going. Saturday night's stay at Robinsonville at the Micromotel was equally as good. We joined up with 3 more MSSR/MSTA members, John Nicias, Dave Stockton, and Tim Hicks. Chris Noland's girl friend drove up for the festivities. Unfortunately they didn't have a VCR or a CD player to play the Huck Memorial Video. However, we spent the evening remembering Keith and the great times that we had with him. Word has it that Tapaco(sp) resort has re-opened, so maybe in 2018 we can return there, (every other year we go to Clarksville where Keith is buried).

Sunday morning Dave and John headed back early on their super slabbers, but Tim and Chris rode with us to breakfast at the Cross/Roads. After breakfast we said goodbye to Tim, but Chris followed for a pass on Deal's Gap before returning to the Cross Roads for to rejoin with girl friend for a trailer ride home. After a short overlook stop we reconnected to our return route to Mt Eagle via wonderful Hwys 39, 30, and 54.

Monday morning we made our typical one hour ride to breakfast in Court's Square in Lynchburg by way of Hwy 50, followed by European looking midstate TN Hwy 129, 166, 438, taking in the best of the best curvy roads available. Lunch was in Decaturville.
As usual, we made notes for the 2018 HMR, keeping the great roads and removing as many straight streaches as we can for the 2018 HMR.

Thanks to all that made the 2016 HMR ride. I'm sure our beloved four-time MSSR president and two-time HSTA West TN State Director, Keith Huckabey was looking out for us as he was looking down thru the clouds. In fact, the way we rode, I know he was.[attachment=0][/attachment]

Patmo:
nice report!   

Tom S:
Thanks!  Please feel free to be part of it next year.

Patmo:

--- Quote from: Tom S on August 02, 2016, 08:32:48 PM ---Thanks!  Please feel free to be part of it next year.

--- End quote ---

I'd like to.......was there an announcement about it beforehand that I missed?

Tom S:
No, not this year.  No one's ever joined in from the MSTA side so I quit posting it in advance.  Send me a $100 earnest money deposit and I'll try to remember to post it up in advance next year. LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version