Author Topic: STAR 2007 re-ride  (Read 2446 times)

Offline bz919

• Forum Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Triumph Explorer 1200
STAR 2007 re-ride
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:53:04 PM »
2007 was the year we moved from NC back to ND. It was also my first STAR. The routes were epic, and Asheville has lots to offer after the ride. So, I returned there with my brother in law some years ago and rode the routes again (gotta love GPS).

My son graduated from college on Mother’s Day and we are taking a 2-week vacation, starting this Saturday. We are trailering so we can maximize the amount of time on the sides of our tires.

The first week, we’ll spend in Asheville. We are even staying at the Crown Plaza.

The second week, we are going to be based in Eureka Springs. I’ve been there 4 times already.

Looking forward to sharing these experiences with my son before he starts in the real world! 

If you happen to see a silver Sprint and a red Thruxton in NC or AR, that’ll be us!! Give a wave and flag us down.

Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: STAR 2007 re-ride
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »
Sounds like a great trip.  Hope you enjoy it
not all that wander are lost

Offline dpippin

• MSTA Member
    • SE Region web site
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 09:38:40 AM »
2007 was the year we moved from NC back to ND. It was also my first STAR. The routes were epic, and Asheville has lots to offer after the ride. So, I returned there with my brother in law some years ago and rode the routes again (gotta love GPS).

My son graduated from college on Mother’s Day and we are taking a 2-week vacation, starting this Saturday. We are trailering so we can maximize the amount of time on the sides of our tires.

The first week, we’ll spend in Asheville. We are even staying at the Crown Plaza.

The second week, we are going to be based in Eureka Springs. I’ve been there 4 times already.

Looking forward to sharing these experiences with my son before he starts in the real world! 

If you happen to see a silver Sprint and a red Thruxton in NC or AR, that’ll be us!! Give a wave and flag us down.

Bryan

Bryan
I live in the Asheville area and can offer advice on motorcycle roads if you wish.

Doug

doug.pippin@bellsouth.net

MSTA Se Region Web Site
http://msta-se.com/

Offline bz919

• Forum Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Triumph Explorer 1200
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 09:55:53 AM »
Thanks, Doug

I have the routes from STAR, and for sure plan to take him to Deal’s Gap, Cherohala Skyway, and Maggie Valley to take in the Wheels Through Time.

If you have any other suggested “must rides” that would be much appreciated.

Bryan