Author Topic: Curt Chevlen injured in crash  (Read 7025 times)

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: Curt Chevlen injured in crash
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »
Update from Howard,

I saw Curt today and there has been some improvement.  When I would talk about something like motorcycles or sports you could tell he was hearing what I was saying and while he can talk he was not talking back to me. He is having a hard time remembering what is said to him.

I was told he had a good morning, but this afternoon he was quite agitated again.  He kept saying he wanted to go home and was trying to pull off everything, including his neck brace. He has an overwhelming urge to escape and is very vocal about it.

Before today Curt was in his hospital bed, but today when I came in he was a chair. He even got up and walked about 40 feet before tiring and going back to his room.  He may get transferred to a regular room soon.

A clarification regarding the accident is that a 20 year old was turning left into a private drive and supposedly did not see Curt and turned right in front of Curt .  He then hit the car broadside.

Once Marty wants visitors I will let everyone know. (Brick - please post this to the forum)

Howard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: Curt Chevlen injured in crash
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 09:47:54 PM »
6/7/18 update on Curt!

It was great to have a good conversation with Curt today.  From a lay perspective and in my opinion he has made a remarkable cognitive recovery. His personality was in full bloom today.

From a physical standpoint he has a long road ahead of him and should be going to rehab sooner than later.  He is starting to get bored and will welcome calls and texts at 614-537-3414.

Howard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650