Author Topic: Honda CB500X  (Read 21474 times)

rideandfly

Re: Honda CB500X
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 02:13:24 PM »
"The CB runs great on 87RON gas. With a 4.5 gallon tank at 70MPG, it has great range, too. Replaced the CB fork springs and having a fine time with this bike."

Rideandfly what's you weight (if u don't mind me asking)? I'm very much interested in changing the rebound characteristics on my bike and thinking about Rally Raid Stage 1.

Just got home from a camping trip!

Nice looking CB!!!!!

Installed Rally Raid foot pegs and bash plate on my CB.

Installed Hagon progressive fork springs with original Honda preload spacers and 7.5W PJ1 fork oil. This got rid of most of the fork harshness with my weight of 215 pounds, working on getting down to 190 pounds.  At the time these springs were available in the UK, so had a US Hagon distributor to add my springs with one of their regular shipments from the UK.

Next set of tires to be installed on the CB will be Avon TrailRiders. Have been experimenting with lower tire pressures compared to my normal street pressures while riding fire roads to reduce large gravel harshness with tubeless 120/70/17 and 160/60/17 Pirelli Scorpions.

Avon Pressures:

http://www.avonmoto.com/tech/tire-pressure-guidelines

TrailRiders:

http://www.avonmoto.com/products/adventure-sport/trailrider
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:45:54 PM by rideandfly »

Offline wardie

• MSTA Member
    • 2 Wheel Power Hour
  • Lifetime Mileage: over 200K
  • Primary Motorcycle: 1995 BMW K 1100 RS
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 11:47:36 AM »
I think I am going to order the rally Raid Level 1 kit. I have fork gaiters(boots) that I'm going to install to keep the tubes and seals clean so I'll do everything at one time. Thanks for the report RideandFly.

Are U coming to the Fall Colors ride?
Wardie

rideandfly

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2016, 10:11:05 AM »
Rally Raid folks are serious about supplying everything needed to have fun with the CB off road.

We will not make Fall Colors this year. We camp all over the nation and finally have a rig we can camp with and take a motorcycle, too. Hopefully will be able to camp and attend some MSTA events next year. We are going to the Tellico Plains TN JFF gathering next month!