Author Topic: 30th Anniversary River City Ride - August 2-4 - Put it on Your Calendar!  (Read 4093 times)

Offline willb

• MSTA Member
2019 is the 30th anniversary of the MSTA River City Ride, and we’re working to make it the best and biggest ever! Don and Cathy Payne are the ride organizers. The ride is being held Friday August 2rd through Sunday August 4th, again the headquarters is the Holiday Inn Express in Corydon, Indiana. Put it on your calendar, and watch this page for details on pre-registration and more !

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
Re: 30th Anniversary River City Ride - August 2-4 - Put it on Your Calendar!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:44:13 PM »
Will,

I'm trying to put together the event previews article for STAReview. I need to submit the article for publication next week, but have not been able to get a response from Don although I've been trying for over a month. Can you provide any help or contact information?

Norm Kern
nkern@kernvideo.com

Offline Smaug

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA
I just booked my room. There are rooms blocked for us, about 40 left at this time. Rate is $95/night. Double queens.

I'm open to sharing the room and saving a few bucks; hit me up if interested at jzorns at g mail dot com

-Jeremy
-Jeremy

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
I made the trek to Corydon on Thursday, and am glad I did. Yesterday I got up and rode last year's route since I hadn't been able to attend. It was amazing. In the 7 hours (including lunch) and 220 miles it took to do the route, I'd guess I wasn't behind another vehicle for more than 15 minutes. It was like the roads were cleared for us. And the route was wonderful....just my cup of tea. It was mile after mile of little backroads with much of it being barely 2 lanes (in places, it seemed like 2 cars would have found it difficult to pass). Lots of the roads had fog lines, but no center line. Up and down, right and left, hard curve to the left than right, and so forth. Delightful.

I'll be riding this year's route today. If it's anything like the 2018 route, I'll be more than satisfied!

If you can get here today, do it!
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Smaug

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA
Don, will you please send my pic from the photo trap to jzorns at g mail?
-Jeremy

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
Many thanks to Cathy, Don and Will + lots of volunteers who helped with RCR 2019.  It was a great event and Deb & I had lots of fun and we're looking forward to next year!  :-)