Author Topic: June Ride-to-Eat  (Read 11910 times)

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
June Ride-to-Eat
« on: May 20, 2014, 07:59:22 AM »
The June RTE will be held on June the 14th.  The location will be THE SUNSET GRILL.  Located on route 42, just west of Warsaw, Ky and overlooking the Ohio River.  Let's plan to meet at 12:30.

Hope to see everyone there!
not all that wander are lost

Offline Greg

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 150000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Honda GL 1800
Re: June Ride-to-Eat
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
As of now it looks like Jennie and I will be able to attend.  Hope the weather will be good because it will be a 400 mile round trip for us .  Looking forward to the ride.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

badjuju

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 12:03:37 PM »
Patrick:  Great idea to post these so people get to meet each other.  I'll try to make it for June, and the Sunset Grill is a great place to sit and watch the river go by.  I'll probably run down the Indiana side and cross at the dam, and then play on your great KY roads on the return.

I'll throw another suggestion here for those who like great burgers--the Red Carpet restaurant in Williamstown on Main St.  Smack dab in the middle of great roads like 22, 330, 467, and 227.

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:48:41 PM »
Thanks......

I've thought about the Red Carpet, and probably will use it sometime in the future.  Trying to pick spots that are fairly centrally located.  Picked Sunset Grill this time because of being easy for NKY, Louisville, and Lexington area riders to reach......along with southern Ohio and Indiana people. 

I'm thinking Natural Bridge Lodge next month because Michigan Blue Grass Boogie will be going on at same time.

Hope to see you at the Sunset.

Pat M

DICE32

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »
Pat, I'm going to try and be there also. badjuju aka icantdrive55 Bubba Billy sure loves those Red Carpet burgers! lol!
But I know he likes the ones at Sunset also, cause we've eaten there lots of times too. Figuring it's gonna be pushing 1:30-2:00
after lunch & socializing & all,  do you plan on riding any afterwards, or just heading the fastest route back to home off 159?
Weather looks to be great for Sat. Be good to catch up with you and ride some if the time allows. See ya in Warsaw!

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 08:10:17 PM »
I'd like to do some riding after lunch.....probably head up 18 to 20 and down to the river along 8 to the Ferry with Rick and Dave.  Then head back south and west from there via ?

Gotta thank you for introducing me to the Sunset Grill a year or two back.  Knew when I started these up this year it would have to be on the schedule.

See you Saturday.

Pat

badjuju

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 09:00:06 AM »
Pat:  Are your friends--Rick and Dave--coming from Cinti?  If they want to hook up, I plan on rolling down to the lunch meet on the IN side and crossing at the dam.  Have them post up here if they want to roll with me or email <icantdrive55@fuse.net>.

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »
Pat:  Are your friends--Rick and Dave--coming from Cinti?  If they want to hook up, I plan on rolling down to the lunch meet on the IN side and crossing at the dam.  Have them post up here if they want to roll with me or email <icantdrive55@fuse.net>.

I think that is the route they plan on using to get down there, then they plan to hit the ferry back across the river, 'cause Dave has never been on it.

badjuju

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
Pat:  Can you shoot your buds a msg to see if they're interested in hooking up for the ride tomorrow?
I'll leaving from the west side of Cint between 10-10:15Have 'em give me call:  5one3-5nine8-8ninenine2

Thx-Bill
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:40:59 PM by badjuju »

Offline gerhard911

• MSTA Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:14:03 PM »
Hey Bill,

I'm Rick. You may recognize the screen name from Local Riders. Would love to hook up in the AM. I had planned on taking I-74 to exit 169-Brookville/52 and had a couple of routes mapped to get to the bridge at the dam. Not sure about the road selection, I'm not familiar with the area. We mostly ride east of Cincy.

I'm sure you know the area much better so let me know when/where to meet up and we'll tag along.

badjuju

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 10:07:17 PM »
Hey Rick.  Yup, I recognize your username, but not sure we've ever met (if we have, blame my old-timer's disease).  I was gonna head west from the Green Twsp area near the 275/74 junction on 50 thru L-burg/Aurora, and then follow 56/156 and throw in a few of the purty backroads in Switzerland Cty.  Not gonna claim I'm an expert on the backroads in SE Indiana, but the one's I've looked at are nice if you like narrow and twisty.

We can meet easily in Miamitown at Exit#7/OH128 and ride the westside roads from there.  There's a Wendy's/BP/Marathon within a few feet of the exit ramp.  If you want to run all the way to the Brookville exit on 74, we can meet somewhere south of that, maybe in Aurora or Rising Sun, and then hook up and head toward Warsaw.  I plan on leaving my place around [see edit] so gimme a call at home before that if you want to meet up.

EDIT/ADD:  I just mapped out a backroads route on GoogleMap and it's running about 2 hrs and change, so if you wanna meet at the Miamitown exit, lets move the time up to 10:15.  If that's too early, we can short-cut some and drop a few of the backwoods scenic stuff….you know, the stuff Dice likes to refer to as goat paths.  Lemeno.

5one3-5nine8-8ninenine2 (landline) or TEXT ONLY 5one3-5sixO-one94two
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:39:14 PM by badjuju »

Offline gerhard911

• MSTA Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »
Miamitown exit at 10:15 it is. See you there! I'll be on a silver SV650S.

badjuju

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 11:08:07 PM »
Awesome, Rick.  Looking forward to meeting you and seeing Pat again.  Should be a great ride and a fun lunch!!!

ADD:  I'll meet you in the Wendy's parking lot on SR128.

If you don't mind, I'll plunk along with you guys on the way back north thru NKY and hit the ferry with you.  I'm always up for a boat ride.
Depending on how much time we spend eating and what your time constraints are, I know a devilishly fun route back that takes us thru Glencoe and Verona and then hits some more of the goat paths heading to the ferry.  I'd be happy to show you all of my secret paths….. :)

Ciao--Bill
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:08:53 AM by badjuju »

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »
I want to thank everyone that showed up today.  Had an absolutely picture perfect day to ride, as shown by the number of bikes we saw at the Sunset Grill, at Rabbit Hash, and on the road to and from.  Food was good, roads were great, and company was even better. One problem...I forgot to take any pictures!  So if anyone took any, please post them up!

Next month.......how about Natural Bridge State Resort Park Lodge?  Time and date to be announced.

badjuju

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 09:47:54 PM »
Pat:  Thanks a ton for putting these events together.  It was great seeing you again and getting to ride with new folks.  As for the pics, I sheepishly admit that I threw my camera in the tank bag when I left home and didn't think to get it out once, not even on the stop in RH.  Mea culpa!!!

Next time.  Promise!