Author Topic: Weather forecast for La Crosse during STAR  (Read 4788 times)

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
Weather forecast for La Crosse during STAR
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »
So far the long range weather looks great for STAR!  Thursday through Monday will be in the 80-82 range, it goes up to 86 on Tuesday and 88 on Wednesday with only a small chance for a thunderstorm on a few of the days.  :clap:

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Re: Weather forecast for La Crosse during STAR
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
Now you did it, we're bound to have extreme heat or cold and rain now. ;)
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Ride4MS

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »
Snow was last month.
Now the weather is predicted for about same as above, except Sat, June 9, 40% pm showers and then nice until Tues, 30% isolated showers.  By Tues, we will know where those isolated showers are, and then you can go around them to the Lunch Stop.  LOL.
Carl Wieman, 2016-2022 MSTA Dan Clark Safety Program Coordinator,    2022 Vanderhall Venice, 1986 Honda Gold Wing Interstate 
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor

Offline naustin

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2018 Multistrada 1200 Enduro
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 03:01:21 PM »
Snow was last month.
Now the weather is predicted for about same as above, except Sat, June 9, 40% pm showers and then nice until Tues, 30% isolated showers.  By Tues, we will know where those isolated showers are, and then you can go around them to the Lunch Stop.  LOL.

I'd much rather ride all day in light rain, or the occasional downpour, than 90+ degree heat.   

That said, the only time weather ever was a real problem for me was on a day crossing Wyoming & Montana into Missoula one August.   I hadn't looked at the forecasts, and was surprised when the temperature dropped to 37 in mid afternoon, and it was raining pretty steadily with a cold north cross wind.  It was actually snowing on Crazy Peak outside of Big Timber.  Mid August! 

I was wearing mesh gear, and literally cooked the palms of my hands with the heated grips until they cracked open, but they were still freezing cold.  Ah, the lessons we learn about proper gear.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:05:49 PM by naustin »

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »
Snow was last month.

I'd much rather ride all day in light rain, or the occasional downpour, than 90+ degree heat.   

That said, the only time weather ever was a real problem for me was on a day crossing Wyoming & Montana into Missoula one August.   I hadn't looked at the forecasts, and was surprised when the temperature dropped to 37 in mid afternoon, and it was raining pretty steadily with a cold north cross wind.  It was actually snowing on Crazy Peak outside of Big Timber.  Mid August! 

I was wearing mesh gear, and literally cooked the palms of my hands with the heated grips until they cracked open, but they were still freezing cold.  Ah, the lessons we learn about proper gear.   ;D
I was forced to leave Glacier Natl Park a few years ago in mid June (post STAR trip) when a storm came in that was going to result in snow below 5000 feet. We rode in hard rain, temps at 50 or less for the first several hours heading east away from the approachign storm. We eventually cleared it, and that night watched reports on the news from there and some other mountains we had ridden the prior days getting snow. If we had not bugged out, we may have been stuck there a few days, and we had to make our way back to Rapid City and load up the trailer for Ohio.

My friend and I still talk about that one as the worst bad weather riding, nothing kept us dry.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650