Author Topic: Southeastern Indiana rocks for riding!  (Read 4263 times)

Offline BikeGuy

• MSTA Member
Southeastern Indiana rocks for riding!
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:46:17 AM »
Hi y'all. I'm Guy from Indiana. I live across the Ohio river near Cincinnati. I've been really enjoying riding in the southern Indiana and northern Ky area for a little over a year now. Put 16k miles on my first bike, a Triumph Bonneville, and recently traded that in for a Yamaha Fj-09. Just did the River Ride with MSTA recently, and was very impressed. (Tkx Don and Cathy for making me and my bro/sis in law feel most welcome)  Hope the new bike will help me keep up with the many talented riders in this group. I love to explore new parts unknown , and I look toward to meeting other adventures souls  at the Mailpouch event.  8)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:40:41 AM by BikeGuy »

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Re: Southeastern Indiana rocks for riding!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »
Welcome Guy!
Yes, Southern Indiana has some great roads.
I'm originally from Madison and grew up riding those roads.
Hope to meet you at a MSTA event. -JEP-

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 06:51:40 AM »
Welcome Bikeguy!

You are absolutely correct about the area, and hopefully we will have the chance to share it with our MSTA friends sometime in the future.  Please PM me with your email and I will add you to the list of people that get reminders for the monthly Ky. lunch meetup.  Would be very happy to show you more of the Ky. roads.
Speaking of which.....

After you partake of the great roads and socializing that make up the MPFB, you should make plans to attend the Middlesboro, Ky. Just for Fun event, aka "Rick's Ride", in mid-September.  We will showcase some of the best that southern Kentucky and northeastern Tn. have to offer in the way of riding.  Check out the thread here on the forum.

Hole to meet up with you soon.
Pat Mogavero
ky State Director
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:02:27 AM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 07:22:06 AM »
Nothing against the Triumph, but congrats on the new bike. I test rode an FJ-09 and loved it. I have a garage full of mostly older bikes that keeps me from adding anything right now, but the FJ would certainly be high on my list of new bikes to consider.

I'm sorry I missed the RCR...it's a really fun area for riding. But of course, the people in the club are the real draw to our regional events.

If you enjoyed the RCR, you're going to like the MPFB as well. Good stuff.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »
Hi y'all. I'm Guy from Indiana. ..... I love to explore new parts unknown , and I look toward to meeting other adventures souls  at the Mailpouch event.  8)
Hi Guy and welcome. I've been hearing more and more about this RCR and being in Southeast Michigan I guess I need to try and add that to my list. You'll love MPFB - it's the first MSTA event I went to (back when we were HSTA) and fell in love with the group and joined. Heck, for 5 of my 10 years I didn't even have a bike. You sound like you're gonna fit right in with this group. Hope to see you at STAR in CO next year. Or, maybe FCR (Fall Colors Ride) in WV at end of next month. I'll be there.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Online bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »
Hi, Guy! Welcome to the forum. We met at RCR and I look forward to seeing you again at the Fly-By, I'm sure it'll be another great event!
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere