Author Topic: 2016 Staunton Spring Romp-Dual Sport and Street Ride  (Read 4929 times)

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tenere 700
2016 Staunton Spring Romp-Dual Sport and Street Ride
« on: May 17, 2015, 10:17:25 AM »
Note-change for breakfast and social time.

2016 Staunton Spring Romp-Dual Sport and Street Ride
4 days-April 28 (Thursday) to May 1 (Sunday), 2016

Location: Staunton, VA provides an excellent location for motorcycle riders to gather and launch rides through the beautiful Virginia and West Virginia mountains and valleys.  Street and dual sport riding is available for your ride enjoyment.

Lodging:  The historic Stonewall Jackson Hotel, http://www.stonewalljacksonhotel.com/ the hotel where the Honda Sport Touring Association gathered for STAR 2009.  The room rate will be $115.00 per room/per night-parking included (single/double occupancy) plus applicable tax (Currently 10.3%). This is over a $40.00 discount. If you want to enjoy breakfast at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel-be sure to add breakfast for an additional $10.00 per night/per guest. when you make your room reservation. You will be given breakfast vouchers when you check in to the hotel for each morning. This is a $4.00 discount off of the full breakfast buffet in Stonewall's 24 Market Restaurant. To obtain the special rates, call 1-540-885-4848 and request a room reservation for the 2016 Staunton Spring Romp.

And the city of Staunton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staunton,_Virginia offers much to visitors:  http://www.visitstaunton.com/

Cocktails/Social:  6 pm, gather in private room off lobby.

Dinner:  7 pm-leave for local restaurants.

Breakfast:  7 am off lobby.

Ride:  Depart from parking garage.

Hope to see you there!

Event Coordinator: Galen Diehl

PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
Re: 2016 Staunton Spring Romp-Dual Sport and Street Ride
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »
Bump!

3 weeks and we will be there!

Come join us!

Galen
PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450

Offline touringman

• MSTA Member
  • Syd Mayes
  • Lifetime Mileage: 400,000 ?
  • Primary Motorcycle: Honda CTX 700DCT
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 01:37:24 PM »
Doug Pippin and I will be rooming together, but we'll go our separate ways most of the time in terms of riding. I'll be doing strictly street, and he'll put the emphasis on dual sport. I have access to the street routes used for the '09 Star, which was held at the Stonewall Jackson. I'm wondering if there are others who are going to be riding street? Please let me know if you are.
Thanks, Syd :D
Touringman

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
Doug Pippin and I will be rooming together, but we'll go our separate ways most of the time in terms of riding. I'll be doing strictly street, and he'll put the emphasis on dual sport. I have access to the street routes used for the '09 Star, which was held at the Stonewall Jackson. I'm wondering if there are others who are going to be riding street? Please let me know if you are.
Thanks, Syd :D
Syd,

Glad you and Doug are joining the fun!

I have Street and DS GPS routes I can share.

Send me PM if you want them.

Regards,

Galen

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450