Author Topic: AIM EXPO Columbus, Ohio September 23-24...UPDATE!  (Read 729 times)

Online Patmo

• MSTA Executive Committee
AIM EXPO Columbus, Ohio September 23-24...UPDATE!
« on: August 15, 2017, 07:53:01 AM »

The show plans are moving along very well and I wanted to start this thread so that people would have ONE place to get the most up to date information...

ALL of the volunteer spots are filled as of today.  Thank You to Everyone!  We will now have at least 2 people in the booth during all of the hours of the show.  However, if anyone who is not signed up wants to stop by and help out at anytime, you are more than welcome. 

I will be posting some photos of the booth display that was put together many years ago, but was forgotten about by many, or was never even know about by others.  The pictures were taken in my basement, so the back part of it is not on the table, and the table is bare in the pictures. However, I will be redoing this in my garage soon and posting up some better pictures.  We also have some additional displays that are not in the pictures, but I will have in the next batch.

We have received the custom MSTA Can Koozies that we will giving away.  They look great!

MSTA DINNER SATURDAY EVENING......

Howard Baumwell has secured us a back room at Barley's Smokehouse in NW Columbus, starting at 7:00 pm.  The link to the restaurant is www.smokehousebrewing.com    If you are planning to attend, PLEASE LET HOWARD KNOW via email by that Tuesday.  The restaurant has asked for a head count for staffing purposes.  Howard's email is baumwell2@gmail.com
Invite your friends and pass the word to any MSTA members in your area.

Don't forget to preorder your tickets and take advantage of the MSTA discount.  Use code MSTA17 when ordering.
not all that wander are lost

Online Patmo

Re: AIM EXPO Columbus, Ohio September 23-24...UPDATE!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »
Pictures

Offline tunerider335

• Forum Member II
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 10:57:31 PM »
Nice job on the display!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
AIM EXPO Columbus, Ohio September 23-24...UPDATE!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 09:02:37 PM »
Our Smugmug site will have current photos of our events and should be high enough resolution when downloaded. If they aren't I have the originals on file just let me know if needed. -JEP-

Offline HawkGTRider

• Lifetime Mileage: 738,638
  • Primary Motorcycle: '07 BMW F650GS thumper now over 100k miles
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 08:31:38 PM »
I know we're getting together for dinner Saturday night, and I plan to be there. However, since I'm already here for the MSF IRETS conference, I'm wondering if anyone wants to get together for dinner on Friday night as well. The afternoon sessions are over around 5:00, so I'd be happy to meet anyone interested before coming back to my motel. I'm actually staying at an interstate motel in Grove City a few miles south of downtown. There are a number of places at this exit (#100), but they're pretty much all chains. I had dinner tonight at Ruby Tuesday's, and while it's fine, I'm open to other options.

Any ideas or suggestions from my Ohio friends?
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator
MSTA Secretary
TriSTAR Coordinator
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline normkern

• MSTA Member
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '14 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »
Took advantage of an opportunity to attend on Friday and use one of Pat's exhibitor passes to get in. Will be back Sunday morning to work the booth 10-12noon. Allan Skinner and I had a wonderful time! It's been over 30 years since I got to attend a dealer show and this was the most fun and info I've experienced.

Many of the vendors are small, innovative companies and their top management and engineering people are there. Got to have a nice  conversation with several key people who developed products I use- SW-Motech and Sena are just two of a number of great companies I spoke with in detail.

Met up with Helene Villemure and spent several hours of show time with her. She is an encyclopedia of knowledge about anything related to motorcycles and gave me great advice on riding gear. She took me to vendors who have great products and showed me exactly what to look for and why. Ran into other club members as well and we all went to dinner together. This was a fun day I'll remember for a long time!

Norm Kern 

Online Patmo

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 09:53:21 PM »
Landon, Rich

10.00 off a 1ayear membership at the show

We are also giving away 10 free memberships.

In either case the people have to,fill out a membership,application p, in ludington signing and daring.

We have 8 new members today that paid at the show.

We have about 50 people that have filled out the application and are entered in the drawing.

We still have Sunday to go.

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 110,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: Sprint
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »
Great job with the booth at the show Pat, I know you had help but you were the driving force behind it and had some very good ideas that were a big part of the success.
Steve Grabowski - Northern OH Asst Director
98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »
We had a great time at the show on Sat. Talked to many people, spent some money, nice to see so many different products and ideas in one location. One of the guys from Twisted Throttle ask if I had ever been on thier website! We had a good laugh on that one!
Steve

Offline normkern

• MSTA Member
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '14 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
Pat did a GREAT job! The club found some opportunities and learned some things about how to market itself.

I hear the demographics of motorcycle riders is getting older.
I hear interest in sport touring is declining.

BUT
Has MSTA found and signed up every single person who would be interested in what we have to offer?
If you were at the show and the booth you would say No.

If we market ourselves, we still have the opportunity to grow into a stronger club once again, demographics be damned!

Norm Kern

Online Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 753,402
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere'... could be an FJ-09 we will see
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
Did anyone check out Scorpion helmet at the show?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere ES
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Online Patmo

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »
Did anyone check out Scorpion helmet at the show?

I didn't see where they had a booth there.  But I recently purchased a new one and really like it.