Author Topic: Harvey/ Irma Check In  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Iguana Joe

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860K plus
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW R1200RT
Harvey/ Irma Check In
« on: September 11, 2017, 04:20:26 PM »
Hi All,

With the number of MSTA members who have been impacted by the recent storms in the South/Southeast, I thought maybe we could have a thread to "check -in" either about yourself or about our friends in TX, LA, FL, GA, etc.

For instance I have seen some FB posts from Jim and Dianne Park since Irma went through and they seem to be OK, in fact Jim found a Pizza place with Beer and AC that was open so he was smiling... :trink39:

How about y'all? anyone heard some good news? or know of a member in need ? This group has always been helpful !
Iggy Joe
AMA lifer
MSTA 5409 (lifer) NC State Director, EC State Director Liaison
IBA, PGR, former COG, etc.

Never try to teach a pig to whistle, it will frustrate you and annoy the pig.

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Re: Harvey/ Irma Check In
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »
We survived with no damage to our house but our landscaping took a real beating. It took both of us working a couple of days to clean it up. Our power came back on at 2:30AM last night. I turned on the news this afternoon for the first time since the storm and I can see why people out-of-state are worried. Yes it was bad and I'm certain it was very bad in the Keys but keep in mind they tend to sensationalize the situation.
If you can't reach friends or loved ones don't be to concerned as I'm sure they will be fine.
A good source to reach people is on social media sites as those seem to work a little better than texting on cell phones.
If we hear anything of importance I will post it here and on Facebook. -JEP-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk