Author Topic: View from the top - 3302  (Read 1248 times)

VersysRider

View from the top - 3302
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »
Dennis Villarose | MSTA President

Welcome to 2014. STAR 14 will be June 8th-June 11th, registration is now open and we have over 200 already registered, so please make your plans to attend. Our host hotel is Holiday Inn - Rushmore Plaza, downtown Rapid City, SD. Rooms are filling up quickly, so don’t wait until the last minute.

Our 2014 AMA Sanctioned Event Schedule is finalized, so check out the website/forum/STAReview to plan your 2014 riding schedule. We will keep you updated on our Just for Fun events, as we receive the information. This just in, April 18-20, 2014 “Paso Robles, Return #8.” If interested contact John Button, john@buttonhome.org.

As many of you may know some states have changed their on road laws for 2014. One that might save you some aggravation is the ‘Traffic Actuated Signals’. In my home state of South Carolina, ‘After a complete stop and waiting for a minimum of 120 seconds, motorcycles may treat a steady red light that does not change as a stop sign; S.C. Code 56-5-970 (5)’. So check out the AMA website for your state, and see if any new laws have come into effect for 2014 in your state.

Please be safe and let’s make 2014 a banner year for our great organization, MSTA!

Any questions or concerns call me at 561-329-3257 or email me at ipnman2002@yahoo.com

MSTA-Great Riders, Great Roads. Join Us!

Ride Safe, Ride Home—Dennis