collapse

Author Topic: MAIL POUCH FLY-BY REGISTRATION FORM  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Ohiomsta

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 300,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650LT / 2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro / 2008 XT 250
MAIL POUCH FLY-BY REGISTRATION FORM
« on: May 21, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
2017 FLY-BY REGISTRATION FORM ATTACHED
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:22:03 PM by Ohiomsta »
Jon Campbell Sr.
Finally, just a member

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 110,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: Sprint
Re: MAIL POUCH FLY-BY REGISTRATION FORM
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »
FYI

The hotels computer has been down for several days (since Tuesday noon), so you will have trouble making a reservation in the MSTA block. They suggested using toll free number or website, usually that won't allow access to blocked rooms. So I left my information with them, and they'll contact me when the system is up.

I sent Jon Campbell Sr. a message so he knows in case members contact him.
Steve Grabowski - Northern OH Asst Director
98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 738,638
  • Primary Motorcycle: '07 BMW F650GS thumper now over 100k miles
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:15:01 PM »
FYI

The hotels computer has been down for several days (since Tuesday noon), so you will have trouble making a reservation in the MSTA block. They suggested using toll free number or website, usually that won't allow access to blocked rooms. So I left my information with them, and they'll contact me when the system is up.

I made a reservation last Wednesday, and the system was already down. They told me they'd send me a confirmation when the system came back up. I called the hotel yesterday and they said it was still down. Their suggestion was to call the 800 number or check the web site to see if my reservation was there. As of this morning, it still isn't.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator
MSTA Secretary
TriSTAR Coordinator
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »
FYI

I made a reservation last Wednesday, and the system was already down. They told me they'd send me a confirmation when the system came back up. I called the hotel yesterday and they said it was still down. Their suggestion was to call the 800 number or check the web site to see if my reservation was there. As of this morning, it still isn't.
Not sure how a business survives without its computer system, I guess it isn't critical to their operation. Our customers go nuts if their system is down for a couple hours.

I will probably check with them again over the weekend or Monday, I really don't expect the promised call back, have seen far to many people in customer service promise that then never follow thru.

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 05:37:39 PM »
FYI  Their computer system is still down, this time they failed to mention that before taking most of my information then said "well our computer system is down so we'll have to call you back to....."   

ARGH.  I guess eventually I'll get through and maybe get a room.....or maybe multiple rooms...

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 06:02:19 PM »
On June 3, I got my room via the online method without any problems and got a confirmation E-mail a few hours later. 

Are you guys making this harder than need be?  ;)   
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:12:15 PM by DirtFlier »

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
On June 3, I got my room via the online method without any problems and got a confirmation E-mail a few hours later. 

Are you guys making this harder than need be?  ;)   
The website allowed you to select the MSTA block of rooms?  Your confirmation showed the MSTA rate?

I didn't think that was possible, and when I mentioned it to the person answering the phone they agreed it probably wasn't. I've started going through their site and so far see nothing about blocked room selection, though the quoted rate for 3 nights (Thu-Sat) is about the same rate ($76.22 before tax) with a mult night stay discount.

All I am doing is following the instructions on the registration form (which is to call the hotel, not go online). Not sure how I am making it hard, when the hotel has a computer system down for about 2 weeks.

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 12:17:37 PM »
Hotel Update - computers are back up

They called me and finalized my reservation today, the lady said they were quite busy doing that for many reservations they took over the phone during the computer outage.

Offline wardie

• MSTA Member
    • 2 Wheel Power Hour
  • Lifetime Mileage: over 200K
  • Primary Motorcycle: 1995 BMW K 1100 RS
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 05:23:53 PM »
Gretchen called about an hour ago and gave me my confirmation number! Crazy like several days later but glad they followed up!

I sent in my registration form looking to see all of you again!
Wardie

* Upcoming Events