collapse

Linked Events

• Rally of Historical Proportions: July 06, 2018 - July 08, 2018

Author Topic: Rally of Historical Proportions  (Read 1706 times)

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 738,638
  • Primary Motorcycle: '07 BMW F650GS thumper now over 100k miles
Re: Rally of Historical Proportions
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 04:12:03 PM »
I won't be making this event, and while the scavenger hunt just sounds  a bit too much for me. As I'm reading Geoffrey's helpful hints my head is spinning, picturing a million things that could go wrong.

Enjoy the event everybody.
At least a million and ten...but still way fun!!
On my last trip down a Kentucky interstate (southbound), I noticed the northbound side was at a dead stop and backed up about 7-8 miles. Might have been more, but I missed the cause of the backup because of a separation of the northbound and southbound lanes with trees in between. If that sort of thing happens, all you can do is smile and wait. Even if you made it to an exit (lots of places with long miles between exits), there aren't necessarily parallel roads to the interstate. If you've counted on making time in one particular place, you're done.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:15:30 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator
MSTA Secretary
TriSTAR Coordinator
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 576,230
  • Primary Motorcycle: Mutistrada 950
Re: Rally of Historical Proportions
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 07:44:57 PM »
I won't be making this event, and while the scavenger hunt just sounds  a bit too much for me. As I'm reading Geoffrey's helpful hints my head is spinning, picturing a million things that could go wrong.

Enjoy the event everybody.

I'm with Steve on this. Kudos to Pat for putting this together and to Geoffrey for ellucidating on the intracacies of dominating the challenge. However, I only have enough brain cells left to conquer planning for what I consider the priorities: twisty roads, great food and beverages and rooms with nice views. For those witha lttle more culture than I have, this should be a great event.
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950

* Upcoming Events